List of Best Travel Tourism Colleges & Courses in Bangalore: Find Admissions 2020 Rankings, Fees, Placements
Travel and Tourism Management is a professional course that comes under the Hospitality industry. Students who are passionate about travelling can definitely go for this course. It helps widen the perspective and also enlarge the domain of career stability. Aspirants from any stream are eligible to enrol themselves for this course.
There are various steps to take up this course. If a student wishes to be dedicated to this course in a full-fledged manner, then he/she can undergo the Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. Apart from these two courses, there are numerous diploma and certificate courses through which one can search for different career setups.
As mentioned earlier, Travel and Tourism Management can be studied through different approaches. There are three ways to pursue this course, which are:
- Undergraduate courses
- Postgraduate courses
- Diploma and Certificate courses
- Undergraduate Courses
There are three undergraduate programs under this course. We will discuss them in detail.
- Bachelor of Tourism Administration (BTA)
Bachelor of Tourism Administration (BTA) is an undergraduate level program that is conducted for 3-years. Students aspiring to learn the different ways to administer the tours and travel industry can take this 3-year degree course. At the initial level, it teaches the study of tourist resort planning, food service management, ecology, environment and tourism, inter-communication etc. Students aspiring to make a career in this field has the scope to travel throughout India and overseas as well. As the tourism industry is growing day by day, formal educational training has become mandatory and taking up of this course gives a clear picture to it.
- Bachelors of Commerce (B.Com) Travel and Tourism
Bachelor of Commerce in Travel and Tourism Management is an undergraduate level program for 3 years. Students aspiring to take this course get an idea regarding the changing trends in the tourism industry. As this is a professional course, it enables students to frame themselves with excellent skills, knowledge and leadership qualities to match the professional standard in the trending market. The course comprises of fundamentals, history, business statistics, aviation management and business regulatory framework of tourism.
- Bachelors of Arts (B.A) Tourism Studies
Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Studies is a professional degree in the Travel and Tourism industry. It includes the study of tourism management, tourism development, tourism marketing, transportation industry, hotel management etc. The main cornerstones of learning in the Tourism Studies are the tourist markets and destinations, the physical, social and cultural aspects of tourism. It takes its study and research as a whole. Students who aspire to take up travelling and tourism as their career, this course is an apt one.
- Postgraduate Programs
- Master of Tourism Administration (MTA)
Master of Tourism Administration (MTA) is a postgraduate degree whose duration is 2 years. It helps understand the travel and tourism industry from a much closer perspective. These two years focus on travel, administration, hospitality and aviation management. Following are the topics that are introduced to students within this time frame:
(i) principles and practices of the tourism industry
(ii) geography of tourism
(iii) accounting and administration for tourism
(iv) sustainable tourism and
(v) Indian heritage
- Master of Arts (M.A.) Tourism Management
Master of Tourism Management (MTM) is a postgraduate program. It is a 2-year course that is offered by many colleges and institutions. It specialises in tourism management and other relevant industries of businesses like airlines, hotels, resorts, retreat hotels, event planning, tour companies, travel agencies, cruise lines etc. Personality development is something that is groomed in this session. And it also teaches students to deal with various national and international tourists and also provides the necessary information to them. The main objective of this program is to make the students completely active and aware of the growing tourism industry with the help of their structured curriculum.
- Diploma and Certificate Courses
The course on Travel and Tourism can also be pursued with the help of certain Diploma and Certificate courses. Following are some of the Diploma courses in Travel and Tourism Management:
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
- Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Diploma in Tourism and Ticketing
- Diploma in Tourism Studies
Some of the Certificate courses on Travel and Tourism Management are:
- Certificate in Travel and Tourism Management
- Certificate in Travel Management
- Certificate in Tour Guide
- Certificate in Tourism Management
|Bachelor of Tourism Administration (BTA)||Passing 10+2 from a recognized institution/board with minimum aggregate 40% marks|
|Bachelors of Commerce (B.Com) Travel & Tourism||Passing 10+2 from a recognized institution/board|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Tourism Studies||Passing 10+2 from a recognized institution/board with minimum aggregate 40% marks|
|Master in Tourism Administration (MTA)||Graduate in any stream from a recognized university with a minimum of aggregate 50% marks|
|Master of Arts (M.A) Tourism Management||Has qualified either BTS, BHM, B.A in Tourism from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board with a minimum of aggregate 50% marks|
|Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board with a minimum of aggregate 50% marks|
|Diploma in Tourism and Ticketing||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course (preferable with Commerce subjects) from a recognized board with a minimum of aggregate 50% mark|
|Diploma in Tourism Studies||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board with a minimum of aggregate 50% marks|
|Certificate in Travel & Tourism Management||Passing 10+2 from a recognized institution/board|
|Certificate in Travel Management||Passing 10+2 from a recognized institution/board|
|Certificate in Tour Guide||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board with a minimum of aggregate 50% marks|
|Certificate in Tourism Management||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board with a minimum of aggregate 50% marks|
Placement And Career
Travel and Tourism is a professional course where career options are very stable and also offer international placements. It makes it easier for students who get placed because top travel companies come and hire students with calibre and potential.
Some of the career options for Travel and Tourism aspirants are:
- Holiday/Travel Agent
- Tourism Manager
- Airlines Staff
- Tourist Guide
- Transport Officer and many more
The list of top recruiters in India in the Travel and Tourism Industry are as follows:
- Cox and Kings Ltd
- Jet Airways
- Club Mahindra Holidays
- American Express Global Business Travels
- Air Asia
- India Healthcare Tourism and more
From the career perspective, courses in Travel and Tourism gives ample amount of opportunities to choose from. Stated below are some of the job profiles that a student can go for after completing his/her Travel and Tourism Course:
- Travel officer/Coordinator: A travel coordinator is one who arranges a trip for their clients. Arranging accommodation facilities, corporate discounts, creating itineraries with travel vendors, arranging flights and rental cars, arranging travel expenses etc. are some of the services being done by a Travel Officer.
- Travel Consultant: It is the duty of the Travel Consultant or Counselor to guide the client about every possibility while planning a trip. It is the responsibility of the consultant to provide great deals on accommodation, travel destinations and the best restaurants.
- Travel Writer: A complete professional job option for a student passing out from the Travel & Tourism Industry is that of being a Travel Writer. They can write travelogues, stories about their experienced destinations, compile them and publish a book.
- Tourism Manager: A Tourism Manager is responsible for arranging different strategies to promote tourism in his/her region. The Manager is also liable to provide assistance to people coming from different parts to explore the region.
- Transport Officer: This is a government job role where the Transport Officer is responsible to maintain the vehicle’s fleet, overseeing vehicle establishment program, certifying ground transportation budget etc.
- Tourist Guide: This job is very interesting and challenging as well as the tourist guide will have to have all the information related to a particular tourist destination. A person having knowledge of a foreign language is an added benefit.
- Aviation Staff: This job role is very demanding nowadays. We see students opting for aviation courses as well as get assigned to different job roles in the aviation sector. They can get hired for cabin crew, ground staff, ticketing and many more.