Vocational Studies Courses In Bangalore
Vocational education is that type of education that allows for an advanced course that has an apprenticeship system. Various vocational schools are established throughout the country that helps students to upgrade their skills and potentialities in their desired pathways.
The Government of India as well as the different state governments have formalised institutions for students where they can learn about the tradesmen courses or artisan courses. This helps them to find employment in their chosen paths without any difficulty. The ministries have helped people to move ahead in the field of skill development. The National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF) is a framework that helps to organise qualifications based on a series of knowledge, skills and aptitude. And the inclusion of the private sector in the skill development industry has led to a smooth functioning as well as effective involvement of participants throughout the country.
There are varied vocational courses offered by CBSE in India. Following are the categories under which various courses are offered. Let us see the categories first:
Let us see list of vocational courses that comes under the category Commerce:
- Office Secretaryship: This course helps interested students to be skillful in the field of office secretaryship. This course includes training in office management, project management, communication and organizational skills. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential for this course of study. This course will enable students to be equipped and more knowledgeable in works like office procedures, names of accounts and vendors, accounts receivable, accounts payable and so forth.
- Stenography and Computer Application: This course has been an important and relevant course of study from many ages now. It teaches about shorthand and typing. And viewing the contemporary times, it also allows students to grasp the new office equipment and all the effective communication skills with human resource. It helps students to get employed in various government and private organizations, corporate offices as well as self-entrepreneurship.
- Accountancy & Auditing: This is one of the most crucial and important vocational courses for students belonging to the commerce background. It helps to familiarize students with the changing business trends and tactics. Not only business development is taught during the course structure but strong moral commitment is also taught in order to carry on the business procedures in a smooth and transparent way.
- Marketing and Salesmanship: This course is highly beneficial for those who are interested in the field of sales. Students who are good at selling are the ones who can benefit from the course. It helps to understand the various consumer behaviour rules in order to communicate to the masses. Knowledge on consumer rights and legislation help students to develop a sound marketing sense.
- Banking: This is one of the most lucrative career options in the contemporary times. We see most of the students belonging from different streams opting for banking jobs. So a course in this sector will enhance the probability as well as chances of getting employed in the banking sector. Finance and management is taught to enhance the effective nature of the candidate.
- Retail: The entire market is filled with retail enterprises. This vocational course of study enables students to be ready to face any challenges posed by an industry in order to qualify themselves. Application of technology to retail marketing management, e-commerce, international retailing, customer relationship management etc. are taught in this course.
- Financial Market Management: Understanding the market and analysing the field of finance is what is taught within this course. Topics that include in this course are investment risk and return measures, debt and equity instruments, evaluation techniques, hybrid and derivative securities, mutual funds, real estate investments, tax planning and the investment process, portfolio management etc.
- Business Administration: In order to run an organization, the administration process needs to be very effective and strong. This course will enable students to acquire special skills of business administration including accounts, keyboard skills and word processing.
- Electrical Technology: This is a 2 years course wherein students acquire the relevant knowledge and skills related to the field of electrical technology. Concepts like engineering drawing, functioning of electrical motors and appliances, measuring and testing instruments and electrical circuits will be taught to increase the effectiveness of the students in this particular field of study.
- Automobile technology: Students interested in automobiles can apply for this course. It allows them to learn and practice the techniques of handling all types of automobiles. The learning of the functioning of every part of an automobile is vital to effectively run an appliance or vehicle. The technical and professional skills through theoretical, practical and workshop knowledge enhances the productivity and skillset of the student.
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology: The main objective of this vocational course of study is to provide expertise in the learning and practice the functioning of the refrigerator and air conditioner. It teaches the basic principles concepts related to the aforementioned appliances. Concepts like installing, commissioning, preventive maintenance and preparing estimates and costing are taught during the course of study.
- IT Application: Skills related to web application and advanced web designing are taught in this course. Various parameters are covered in this course like network safety and security, digital designing, multimedia anchoring, web content creation, interactive web page creating and troubleshooting.
HEALTH AND PARA MEDICAL
- Medical Laboratory Techniques: The sole aim of this course of study is to produce effective medical laboratory technologists who have adequate knowledge and skills to perform a laboratory test. It deals with tests and analysis of patients’ diagnosis and treatment and also for the prevention of diseases. This technologist is one of the important and crucial members of a medical team as it is the technologist who will produce the results of a test, based on which a medical treatment will proceed.
- Auxiliary Nursing & Midwifery: This is a course that equips students to deal with health related issues of children, mothers and old people especially in the rural areas. The main aim of this course is to promote health, prevent illness and restore health and rehabilitation. The nurses use their relevant knowledge and experience in carrying out the health-care and nursing activities.
- X-Ray Technician: This course imparts education to students who are interested to work with equipment used during an X-ray. It provides knowledge of the basic principles and components of electrical circuits and accessories, processing of films etc, radiological anatomy and physiology of the human body. Basic knowledge of X-ray tubes, basic concept of special investigative procedures like Barium, IVP, Hysterosalpingo-graphy, Ultrasound, CT will be introduced.
- Medical Diagnostics: This course is appropriate for students who wish to study the functions of different organs and systems in the human body. In this course of study, students will be able to understand the analysis and interpretation of laboratory tests. It helps to instill in the students the importance of honesty and professionalism in the workplace.
- Fashion Design and Clothing Construction: Fashion designing is one of the most demanded courses of study in contemporary times. This course teaches the various ways to deal with fabric and create innovative designs according to the weather and the ongoing trend. It enables students to bring out their creativity through designing and also provide appropriate structure for formation and the development of creative, technical and emotional competences.
- Textile Design: The main aim of studying this course is to understand textile, which means to understand the material of the fabric. This course imparts students regarding the development of the handmade textiles, knowledge of the industrial processes of production of textiles and its commercialization.
- Beauty Services: This course enables students to acquire knowledge and skills related to beauty services. It helps them to identify the basic beauty concerns and treatments depending on the different beauty needs of the clients. Skills and ways will be taught so that interested students can upgrade their skills in beauty services and also start their own entrepreneurial ventures.
- Poultry Farming: This course teaches students to understand the importance of poultry farming in today’s times. It is one of the profitable ventures and this course highlights the attributes of poultry species. That various factors that are necessary for the successful incubation, brooding, rearing and management of adult birds are discussed. It enables students to learn the entrepreneurial skills related to poultry farming.
- Horticulture: This field of study is related to the production of vegetables, fruits, flowers, crops, tuber crops and medicinal as well as aromatic and ornamental plants. It will help students to gain knowledge in topics like crop production, plant propagation, plant breeding, genetic engineering, preparation of soil and plant physiology and biochemistry. It also provides additional knowledge in floral design, garden centres, teaching, fruit and vegetable production, arboriculture, landscape construction etc.
- Dairying Science and Technology: This curriculum will educate and train students to understand the methods of handling milk from production to consumption to processing, packaging, storage, transport and physical distribution. The main aim of this course is to train students to prevent spoilage, improve quality, increase shelf-life and milk palatable and safe for human consumption.
HOSPITALITY & TOURISM
- Food Production: This course helps and train students in understanding the basics of cooking food associated with the scientific approach and also understand the use of the various commodities used in cooking food. Cooking food is an art as well as a science. It helps students to demonstrate the proper kitchen management systems, such as cost control, inventory control, production scheduling, sales history, menu development and forecasting.
- Mass Media Studies and Media Production: This is a course for students interested in the field of media studies and the entertainment industry. It is designed to impart the fundamental information on analysis of film, print articles, understanding of the pipeline multiple products of the media and entertainment industry.
- Bakery and Confectionary: This professional course allows students to master the art in the field of Bakery and confectionary. It provided an understanding of the commodities used in baking and also the processes they have undergone in their selection, compositions, functions, reaction to heat, refrigeration, chilling and freezing, interaction with each other and storage.
- Travel and Tourism: Students interested in the field of travel and tourism can apply for this course. This vocational course of study provides complete knowledge of our country and our culture, society, natural beauty etc. The tourism industry can be seen as a medium of international exchange of culture and the hidden treasures of a country.
- Transportation System and Logistic Management: This course allows students to enter the world of transport management. It equips students in the field of transport systems to understand and utilize the measurable criteria to evaluate the operation of a multimodal transportation system. It teaches students to identify and address the impacts of freight movement on areas surrounding truck routes (noise, air quality, safety).
- Library and Information Sciences: This course trains students with the basic theories and principles of administration for effective management of public, academic and special libraries and information centres. Both theoretical and practical knowledge of the basic competencies required in evaluating, selecting and organizing information sources will be taught.
- Health and Para Medical
- Home Science
- Hospitality & Tourism
|Office Secretaryship||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Stenography and Computer Application||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Accountancy & Auditing||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Marketing and Salesmanship||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Banking||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Retail||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Financial Market Management||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Business Administration||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Electrical Technology||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Automobile technology||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|IT Application||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Medical Laboratory Techniques||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Auxiliary Nursing & Midwifery||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|X-Ray Technician||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Medical Diagnostics||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Fashion Design and Clothing Construction||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Textile Design||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Beauty Services||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Poultry Farming||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Horticulture||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Dairying Science and Technology||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Food Production||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Mass Media Studies and Media Production||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Bakery and Confectionary||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Travel and Tourism||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Transportation System and Logistic Management||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
|Library and Information Sciences||Passing 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognized board|
Placement And Career
There are a lot of career options for students pursuing vocational courses. They can opt for these job roles after the successful completion of their courses in their specified field of study. Let us see some of the job roles that students can take up after completing the aforementioned courses of study:
- Application Analyst: The responsibility of an application analyst is to look after the administration, monitoring and maintenance of software infrastructures and applications. They work within the IT department along with application developers and software engineers.
- Information Systems Manager: The role of an Information Systems Manager is to look after the computer systems in a company that includes work related to technical support or operations. They need to research and install new systems and evaluate user needs and system functionality.
- Hotel Manager: This job role requires planning and organising accommodation, catering and other hotel services. They need to plan out the work schedule of their team members and also maintain statistical and financial records.
- Sales Executive: They need to build good working relations with the clients and present the product or service favourably in a structured and professional way. It is very important for them to understand the needs of the business customers.
- Travel Agency Manager: This allows people to promote and market the business and manage budgets and maintain statistical and financial records. They also need to deal with the customer enquiries and aim to meet the needs of the clients.
- Media Researcher: There are different types of research that a media researcher needs to go through. They have to analyse the facts as well as picture based research and develop and generate new program ideas. They also need to provide administrative support such as typing, answering the phone and dealing with contracts.
- Godrej Industrial Limited
- Dabur India Ltd
- PepsiCo India Holdings
- Nestle India Pvt Ltd
- Britannia Industries Ltd
- Parle Products Pvt Ltd
- Ashok Leyland
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Haldex India
- Bajaj Auto
- Maruti Suzuki
- Hero MotoCorp
Computer operator have to operate the companies work through a computer. On day to day basis, a computer operator has to manage tasks like backup systems; maintaining printers, cycling tapes or other media etc.
Product Development Engineer:
A Product development engineer has to plan and manage the product-related work. Also, Product Development engineer has to coordinate with the product designer keeping the customer requirements in the minds.
A design engineer will work for the product designer and have to do research and develop creative ideas for upcoming products. Also, they have to modify the existing products of a company.
The vocational have to impart the knowledge to the students in different fields for instance designing, nursing, horticulture, computer repair, and more other fields.