Being an Entrepreneur may make you feel godly,
But it may turn your brain into broccoli.
You may be an Entrepreneur without being well-educated,
But you cannot succeed without being dedicated.
The difference between an Entrepreneur and a Businessperson is the Entrepreneur's willingness to take risks. A Businessman simply transacts the business of a company while an Entrepreneur organises, manages, and assumes the risk of a business or enterprise.
Bearing this in mind, let us try to answer the question "How to Become an Entrepreneur after 12th?"
There are multiple Entrepreneurship courses after 12th offered at the Certificate, Diploma, and Undergraduate levels, followed by Postgraduate courses. These courses are available in offline, online and distance education modes.
A few courses which help students acquire knowledge and impart skills are explained below.
|Start Your Own Business||Economics/ Management/ Entrepreneurship Video Course |
|Certificate in Entrepreneurship||Start-Up India Learning Programme |
|Micromasters in Entrepreneurship||-|
- The fees for a certificate course would be a maximum amount of Rs. 75,000.
- Certificate courses usually last for 1 to 8 months.
- There is no stringent requirement for entrance into a certificate course.
- Institutions like the Centre of Excellence for Professional Development (COEPD), Bangalore offer 4-day workshops which train students in Business Analysis.
|Diploma in Entrepreneurship Management||Advance Diploma in Business Management |
- The minimum requirement for entry into a Diploma course is that the student should have passed 10+2 or other equivalent board examinations.
- The duration varies from 3 months to 1 year.
- The fees may vary between Rs.14,900 - Rs. 30,000
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Entrepreneurship||Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Entrepreneurship|
|Business Management Studies (BMS) in Branding and Entrepreneurship||-|
- The average cost of this degree per year ranges from Rs.1 lakh to Rs. 3.2 lakhs.
- This course is of 3 years across all colleges that follows a 2-semester per year system.
- The minimum eligibility for admission is passing 10+2 or other equivalent exams from a recognised board. Most colleges require 50% aggregate marks.
- Certain exams like Common Admission Test (CAT), Generalised Management Admissions Test (GMAT), Xavier Admission Test (XAT), etc., are accepted by the colleges. Many colleges conduct their own entrance exam for admission.
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) in Entrepreneurship
- Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship
- These PG courses are of 2 years; most colleges follow a 2-semester per year system, while some follow a 3-trimester per year system.
- Along with a bachelor's degree from a recognized university, qualifying marks in any Management-based entrance examination may also be required.
These Entrepreneurship courses after 12th help students become Entrepreneurs. After reading about all these courses, some questions may arise in a student's mind.
"What will be the benefits of completing a course on Entrepreneurship?"
"What is the scope of Entrepreneurship?"
"What are the career opportunities that I will have access to after completing my course?"
"What are some top management colleges in Bangalore that offer courses on Entrepreneurship?"
Answers to these questions will be found below.
Top Management Colleges in Bangalore offering Entrepreneurship:
Few of the best management colleges in Bangalore offer Diploma, Undergraduate, and Postgraduate courses in Entrepreneurship. They are listed below.
|Indian school of Business Management and Administration|
|St. Joseph's College of Commerce (SJCC)|
Post Graduate Courses:
|RV Institute of Management (RVIM)|
|International School of Business Research (ISBR) ||Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) in Entrepreneurship |
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME)||Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)|
Scope of Entrepreneurship:
A successful Entrepreneur influences their immediate surroundings as well as the economy and society in a positive way.
- They generate employment for the youth of the nation.
- They contribute to the growth of India in the international arena.
- They inspire many students to get into the exciting field of Entrepreneurship.
The need of the hour for the Indian economy is self-sustenance. Entrepreneurs can most definitely fulfill that need by creating innovative products and services that are in demand in India.
Career in Entrepreneurship:
A career in Entrepreneurship enables a student to utilise all the skills and knowledge that a student has gained during the course of study.
Knowledge in the following domains is imparted during the years of study in all the top management colleges in Bangalore listed above.
- Financial Planning
- Legal Knowledge
- Marketing Strategy
- Operating Business
- Sources of Capital
Career opportunities revolve around the skills a candidate has gained and how much knowledge they have acquired during the years of study.
Career opportunities after completing a course in Entrepreneurship include
- Assistant Manager
- Business Consultant
- Business Reporter
- Chief Human Resources Officer
- Commercial Banker
- Executive/Office Assistant
- Finance Controller
- Franchise Operator
- Fundraisers and Development Officer
- New Venture Developer
- Placement Coordinator
- Research and Development Executive
- Sales Manager
- Senior Network Administrator
- System Analyst
There is always a course available to students irrespective of the situation they may find themselves in. You can choose from Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduate or Postgraduate courses. The question "How to become an entrepreneur after 12th?" has been answered.
All you need is the ability to dream big, an interest to learn and a willingness to take risks.