XAT or Xaviers Aptitude Test is organised by the Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur It is conducted on behalf of the Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). It is an exam for the Post Graduates and the XAT exam score is used by more than 100 institutions for admission. XAT registration can be done online on the official website of XAT. The mode of the examination is online.
XAT is conducted only once a year. It is the entrance exam to get into any XAMI member institutes and over 700 Business Schools all over India. The exam is conducted in 70 cities across the country. The types of courses offered through XAT Exam are HR Management, Business Management and General Management.
Programmes offered through XAT
|Full-time residential programs|
|Part-time Programmes for working executives|
|Virtual Interactive Learning|
Step 1: Register for the online application form on the official website of XAT
Step 2: A system generated ID and Password will be created and sent to you.
Step 3: Login through this ID and Password and fill up the application form carefully.
Step 4: Scan and Upload the required documents.
Step 5: Complete and submit the application form by making the payment through any online mode.
Aspirants appearing for the XAT Exam can download the Admit Card from the official website of XAT. The Admit Card will not be available for download until the day of the exam. The tentative date for XAT 2021 Exam is January 2021. Other details will be available on the official website soon.
XAT Syllabus Overview
|Decision Making||Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary, an analogy based on vocabulary, critical thinking and reasoning, para completion, grammar, etc. |
|Verbal & Logical Ability||Decision making, analogy, logical sequence, conclusion, etc.|
|Quantitative Ability||Tables, percentage, surds and indices, algebra, mensuration, bar diagrams, pie charts, etc.|
|Data Interpretation & General Knowledge||Science, economy, business, politics, static GK, sports, government, the constitution of India, etc|
- As per the norms of the XAT exam cut off, no candidate can get a negative percentile and scores. Moreover, no person can score 100 percentile as well.
- Separate cut off is released for the male and female candidates in the BM program.
- For the HRM program, the differentiation is done on the basis of male engineering to female engineering and male non-engineering to female non-engineering.
How many times is the XAT Exam held in a year?
- Once a year
How many times can a candidate be allowed to appear for the XAT Exam?
- There is no limitation to the number of times a candidate can sit for the exam
- What was the XAT cut off in 2019?
- For Business Management, the cut off for male candidates was 96% and that of female candidates was 95%. And for HR Management the cut-off for male candidates was 94% and that of female candidates was 93%.
- How is XAT cut off decided?
- XAT cut off percentiles are the minimum qualifying marks to be scored in the exam, on the basis of this the admission to the colleges will be conducted. This cut off means that if the candidate reaches that cut off that he/she is fixed for the admission to the colleges for that particular year.
- When will the XAT 2021 Exam be held?
- The Tentative date is January 2021.
- Where will the XAT Exam admit card be available?
-The exam admit card will be available on the official website of XLRI.
- XAT Registration Fee (without late fee) - 1700
- Indian Candidate applying for GPM through GMAT - 2500
- NRI or Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programmes through GMAT - 5000
Only Indian Nationality candidates are eligible to apply
NRI and foreign candidates can apply through their GMAT Score.
Candidates must have a 3-year graduation degree.
All backlogs should be cleared before the admission through XAT score is done.
Candidates in their final year of graduation can undertake XAT 2021 examination, but their results must be out by June 2021.
- No age limit
ID proof details
- Scanned passport size photograph
- Scanned signature image