Engineering is one of the most important and popular professions in our country. Thousands of students sit every year for engineering exams. Engineering is an application for science and maths. Engineers discover how things work and almost everything we do in our daily lives is somehow related to engineering.
Engineering opens up a gateway of career opportunities for the students. There are various courses in engineering like Computer Science engineering, Chemical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Civil Engineering, Biotech Engineering, etc. There are more than 10 thousand engineering colleges in the country from where the student's graduates and also get on-campus placements.
Among these are also the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). The best engineering college in the country. It has been the dream of every engineering student to crack IIT entrance and become an engineer to get their dream job. It provides the best of knowledge and skills with highly educated professors, who not only provide knowledge but also are quite experienced professionals in their fields. India has 19 IIT colleges.
The other engineering colleges in the country have also been very promising and have delivered many promising engineers to the country, who are now not just successful but very good at their jobs. There are a number of competitive exams like All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE) and Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main and Advanced which the students need to crack in order to get into good engineering colleges. IIT has its own entrance exam called the IIT-JEE. And whenever students want to decide on which college to take admission one question always struck their mind. That is what the difference between an IIT graduate and a normal engineering graduate.
Listed below are a few points which will help you under the difference between an IIT graduate and a normal engineering graduate.
- The IIT Tag: IIT is considered to be one of the pioneered engineering institutions in the country and also, worldwide. It is automatically considered that the best have the ability to study there. Even if you do a non-prominent course from IIT it will still be considered to be more valuable than a prominent course in any engineering college.
The faculty is considered to be the best here who can provide you with the best of knowledge. An IIT graduate will have an upper hand than any other normal engineering graduate student even if they have equal potential.
- Placements: Companies flock towards IIT like shopping addicts towards any sale. More companies come to IITs from all over the world with more annual packages than other engineering colleges. Definitely, other engineering graduates do get the best jobs in the top companies of the country but the process to reach there becomes a lot easier if one graduate from IIT.
The moment they crack IIT, it automatically proves their hard-work, capability and capacity. A normal engineer sometimes might find it difficult to get their dream job but an IITian can get there easily.
- Infrastructure: The facilities and the infrastructure provided by IIT is better than other normal engineering colleges. The laboratories, gadgets, on-field practical work and books provided by IIT produce a better engineering graduate than other colleges. An IIT graduate will have better experience and field workability than others because he/she was trained that way.
Without a doubt, other engineering colleges also do provide good infrastructure but IIT gives it a better experience. The materials and facilities provided at IIT surpass than most of the other engineering colleges. IIT also gets the best of faculty from around the country who are quite experienced individuals in their area.
- Entrance Exam: The entrance exams of IIT is comparatively much better and tougher than other engineering colleges. A student cracking this proves his ability and gets selected from IIT. The questions on the IIT entrance exam are much superior in comparison to normal Engineering Education imparted by the rest of the Engineering Colleges.
And one of the most remarkable features of the entrance is that they don't repeat the questions of the previous years. An IIT graduate is considered to be the best not only because he studied in IIT and hence must have got the best knowledge and skills, but also because he was able to crack the entrance exam.
- The Syllabus: If you think that the syllabus of other engineering colleges and IIT is the same, then you are mistaken. Every course project that an IITian gets is almost equivalent to final year projects of other local engineering colleges. IITians learn Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning much before the students of other engineering colleges.
The syllabus is always updated and it teaches what is needed to become a good problem-solving engineer. IITians by the end of 3rd or 4th year get summer internships at bid shot companies like Google and Microsoft. Many other engineering colleges don't have internships.
The fees of IIT is comparatively higher than many other engineering colleges. The students the body is quite active at IIT and there are a lot of other activities that make the place a dream college.
The world-class faculty at IIT gives world-class knowledge and helps to bend the syllabus according to what is needed for the students. The syllabus is quite packed and the learning process is fast.
Studying engineering in IIT is a dream that tons of students pursue but only a few get through it. An IIT graduate certainly means that you are better than the most but other engineering colleges also give the best of engineering courses and the graduates there have been placed at the best of companies. IIT or non-IIT it is important to understand what one wants. If one?s interests match with a normal engineering college course, then they should take admission there. There might be many times that someone gets a degree from IIT but works under a guy who graduated from a normal engineering college. Therefore, what matters the most is the ability to work and how good they know about their work.