Commerce is the basis for every business. The majority of the world's essentials run on the transaction of goods and services.
Running a company is not an easy task. A loophole in the financial system can disrupt the entire business.
Pursuing a Bachelor of Commerce with Certified Management Accountant (B.Com with CMA) course will allow you to participate in the smooth functioning of business administration, management, and finance processes.
Completing B.Com with CMA can open broader avenues for a lucrative career in the world of trade and commerce.
What is a Certified Management Accountant (CMA)?
CMA is a professional certified course in management, accounting, banking, and finance. It is a global certification recognized by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) from the United States of American (USA).
It is more finance-oriented and focuses on specialized training in auditing, business and financial planning, costing analysis, budget preparation, forecasting, company investments, etc.
Candidates can explore various job opportunities after completing B.Com with CMA. Some of the job prospects are:
- Certified Management Accountant
- Financial Risk Manager
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Financial Controller/ Consultant
- Company Secretary
- General Ledger Accountant
- Accounts Executive
B.Com with Certified Management Accountant Duration:
B.Com with CMA is a 3 years undergraduate course, divided into six semesters. Along with the B.Com Syllabus, aspirants have to study for the 3 levels of CMA.
The 3 levels are:
- CMA Foundation
- CMA Inter
- CMA Final
To attempt for the CMA test, students must clear all their backlogs from B.Com. Candidates are allowed to take a grace period of 2 years to clear their backlogs.
B.Com with Certified Management Accountant Eligibility:
Candidates have to meet the following eligibility criteria for B.Com with CMA:
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 education in any given stream from a recognized education board.
- They must score a minimum of 45% marks or equivalent in their 12th standard final examination.
- Admissions are conducted on a merit basis. Applicants must try and score higher to reserve a seat. Some colleges even grant admission based on entrance test scores.
Certified Management Accountant Admission Procedure:
Here is a quick guide to the admission procedure for B.Com with CMA:
- Make a list of your preferred colleges based on your concerns like location/ commute, fees, facilities, placements, campus life, etc.
- Shortlist the top colleges that match your requirements. Download the application form from the college website.
- Fill the forms with all the required details and attach the mandatory documents like 10+2 marksheet, photograph, and signature.
- The college will put out the merit list based on the mark sheet. Once you find your list in the name, contact the college and complete the formalities for admission.
Certified Management Accountant Syllabus:
The course structure of B.Com is divided into 6 semesters. Below is the detailed semester structure for B.Com:
|English Language||Business Organization and Management|
|Environmental Studies||Financial Accounting|
|Business Law||Language II|
|Language I||Business Mathematics and Statistics|
|Income Tax Law and Practice||Computer Applications in Business|
|Company Law||Language II |
|Business Communication||Corporate Accounting|
|Entrepreneurship||Principles of Marketing|
|Principles of Macroeconomics||Human Resource Management|
|Indirect Tax Law||Auditing and Corporate Governance|
|Fundamentals of Financial Management||_|
|Indian Economy||Office Management and Secretarial Practice|
|Personal Selling and Salesmanship||Corporate Tax Planning|
|Consumer Protection||Management Accounting|
|Fundamentals to Investment||Computerized Accounting System|
|International Business||Banking and Insurance|
The course structure of CMA is divided into 3 levels. Here are the complete details as per the levels:
|Fundamentals of Economics and Management||Fundamentals of Business Maths & Statistic|
|Fundamentals of Accounting||Fundamental of Laws and Ethics|
|Financial Accounting||Cost and Management Accounting|
|Laws, Ethics and Governance||Indirect Taxation|
|Direct Taxation||Company Accounts & Audit|
|Cost accounting and financial management||Indirect Taxation|
|Operation Management Information System||Company Accounts & Audit|
|Corporate Laws and Compliance||Corporate Financial Reporting|
|Advanced Financial Management||Strategic Performance Management|
|Tax Management and Practice||Cost and Management Audit|
|Business Strategy & Strategic Cost Management||Financial Analysis & Business Valuation|
The course also includes various theoretical lectures, practicals, seminars, case studies, and group discussions. The assessments include project submission and viva voce. You can also bag attractive internship opportunities and kick-off to a great start in your career.
The CMA Exam structure is as follows:
|Question Type||Essay and Multiple Choice Questions.|
|Number of Levels||3|
|Exam Centres||Prometric Centres Across India|
Certified Management Accountant Pay Scale:
The pay scale depends on the experience, skillset, performance, consistency, initiative, and overall contribution to the company.
The average salary for a Certified Management Accountant, India is around Rs. 8.3 lakh per annum. Freshers can make anywhere between Rs. 2.8 to Rs.4 lakh per annum.
Here are the details of approximate yearly packages of a few profiles under CMA:
|Designation||Pay Per Year|
|Financial Controller||Rs. 13 to Rs. 31 Lakhs|
|Finance Manager||Rs. 11 to Rs. 23 Lakhs|
|Finance Director||Rs. 7 to Rs. 70 Lakhs|
|Financial Analyst||Rs. 5.2 to Rs. 12 Lakhs|
|Certified Management Accountant||Rs. 4.9 to Rs. 12 Lakhs|
|Chief Financial Officer||Rs. 4.7 to Rs. 7.8 Lakhs|
Best B.Com with CMA Colleges in Bangalore:
You can pursue a certified management accountant course in Bangalore at some of the best colleges. Below is a list of some of the best B.Com with CMA colleges in Bangalore:
- Christ University:
Christ is one of the most premium colleges in Bangalore. Decades of experience and proficiency in management make Christ a popular choice for CMA.
- Jain University:
Known for its infrastructure and excellent faculty, Jain offers B.Com with CMA(UK). It's connectivity with its established alumni makes it a prime choice for education.
- St. Joseph's College of Commerce:
Established in 1882, St. Josephs is one of the oldest and reputed colleges in Bangalore to offer B.Com with CMA.
- Dayanand Sagar University:
Dayanand Sagar is a private institute that offers various international courses. It has a large campus and expert faculty offering B.Com with CMA.
- Kristu Jayanti College:
It is one of the top colleges for B.Com with CMA. Their highly experienced faculty and affordable fee structure makes it a popular choice amongst the candidates.
- What will be the B.Com with Certified Management Accountant eligibility criteria?
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 in any stream from a recognized board with a minimum score of 45%. The admissions are based on merit or entrance exams.
- What is B.Com with a CMA (USA) Course?
- It's a 3 year undergraduate Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com) course with Certified Management Accountants(CMA) specialization (USA). The Course deals with Cost & Management Accountancy, Auditing, Business Advisory Services, Taxation, etc.
- Where can I study the certified management accountant course in Bangalore?
-There are top colleges in Bangalore to pursue B.Com with CMA like Christ University, Jain University, St. Joseph's College, Dayanand Sagar, Kristu Jayanti, etc.
- What is the fee structure for B.Com with CMA?
- Depending on the college and quota, the fees for B.Com with CMA course may range between Rs. 98,000 to 1,80,000 per year.
- What is the job prospect of studying B.Com with CMA?
- Some of the popular industry verticals for B.Com with CMA students are Auditing, Private Banker, Performance Management, Management and Cost Accounting, Corporate Governance, Financial Risk Management, Corporate and Financial Accounting, Venture Capital, etc.