Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED)
|UCEED Exam Date||January 23, 2022 (09:00 AM to 12:00 PM)|
|Name of the Examination||Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT-Bombay)|
|Frequency of the Exam||Once a Year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
What is UCEED?
Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design is a national level entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT) to offer admission into the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) program at various colleges like:
- IIT Bombay, Guwahati, Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur
- Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science
- Delhi Technical University, Delhi
- Srishti Institute of Art Design and Technology, Bengaluru
- Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab
- World University of Design, Delhi-NCR
- Exam Dates
- UCEED Registration
- Exam Centres
- UCEED Syllabus and Books
- UCEED Exam Pattern
- UCEED Preparation Tips
- Admit Card
- UCEED Counselling
- Eligibility Criteria
UCEED 2022 was conducted on January 23, 2022. The registration process for the exam began on September 9, 2021, and ended on November 11, 2021. The admit card was available for download from January 8th to 14th, 2022.
Aspirants applying for the exam should have passed class 12 (Science/ Arts & Humanities/ Commerce) or equivalent by a recognized board. Indian, as well as foreign nationals & OCI/ PIO candidates, can apply.
UCEED Exam Details:
|Number of Attempts||2 Consecutive Years|
|Exam Mode ||Online|
|UCEED 2022 Exam Duration ||3 Hours|
|Number of Parts||2|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
UCEED 2022 Exam Dates:
|Events ||Dates |
|Beginning of Registration||September 9, 2021|
|End of Registration with Regular Fee||November 11, 2021|
|End of Registration with Late Fee||November 18, 2021|
|Admit Card||January 12, 2022, onwards |
|UCEED 2022 Exam Date||January 23, 2022 (09:00 AM to 12:00 PM)|
Draft Answer Key
|January 25, 2022|
Last Date for Raising Objections against Answer Key
January 27, 2022 (05:00 PM)
Final Answer Key
|January 31, 2022|
Cut off Marks for Part A
February 10, 2022
|UCEED 2022 Results||March 10, 2022|
Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to register for UCEED 2022:
Step 1: Visit the official website of UCEED.
Step 2: Fill in all the basic and mandatory fields.
Step 3: Candidates have to reconfirm their data and click on the confirmation button.
Step 4: A mail with the registered email address and password will be sent to the candidates.
How to fill up the UCEED Application Form?
Step 1: Visit the official website of UCEED 2022.
Step 2: Aspirants need to log in using their credentials.
Step 3: After logging in with their application number and password, they need to add their personal and educational details.
Step 4: Candidates have to select 3 preferred exam centres. They must review and confirm their choices before submitting the form as there is no scope for a correction window.
Step 5: Aspirants need to upload digital/ scanned versions of required documents as an authentication for the details mentioned above. In addition to these, they also have to upload their passport-size photographs and signatures.
Step 6: After saving and submitting the above details, aspirants will have to pay the required application fees and submit the form.
UCEED Application Fees:
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs. 1,500.00|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 3,000.00|
The following documents will be required to fill up the application form and further processes:
- Recent Passport Size Photo
- Scanned Signature
- Class 10th Marksheet or Equivalent
- Class 12th Marksheet or Equivalent
- Permanent Residential Certificate
- ID Proof issued by the Government of India
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
UCEED Exam Centres:
The exam will be conducted in 24 Centers, including one in Dubai. Popular centres are:
|Pune ||Kolkata |
UCEED Syllabus and Books:
Candidates have to prepare the following topics for the exam:
|Visualization and Spatial Ability||Observation and Design Sensitivity|
|Environmental and Social Awareness||Analytical and Logical Reasoning|
|Language and Creativity||Design Thinking and Problem Solving|
|Drawing in Proportion ||Drawing in Perspective, Shading, & Composition|
|UCEED Study Materials||AFAINDIA|
|UCEED Design Environment & Social Awareness in Design Perspective Combined with Mental and Verbal Aptitude||Sreejan Shilpa|
|NIFT/NID/IIFT Entrance Exam Guide||D Mittal|
|NIFT Entrance Examination Preparation Course||Prashant Kumar|
UCEED Exam Pattern:
The UCEED exam pattern has been divided into 2 parts.
|Duration||2 Hours 30 Minutes |
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
Section 1: +4 every right answer. No negative marking
Section 2: +4 every right answer. -0.19 for every wrong answer
Section 3: +3 every right answer. -0.71 for every wrong answer
Section 1: Numerical Answer Type (18)
Section 2: Multiple Select Questions (18)
Section 3: Multiple Choice Questions (32)
|Duration||30 Minutes |
|Exam Mode||Offline. Drawing Test|
|Marking Scheme||+60 for the right answer. No negative marking|
|Question Type||Drawing |
UCEED Preparation Tips:
Candidates can follow these tips while preparing for the exam:
- Study Schedule: Candidates need to schedule a minimum of 10 hours of study per day. The study hours should be rigid and non-flexible. Any disruptions should be accounted for with extra hours.
- Learn, Evaluate & Redo: Divide the UCEED syllabus section-wise. After finishing each section, candidates should assess themselves and evaluate their learning.
If the score isn't good enough, they should go through the topic again. They should also give regular mocks to prepare a proper strategy for the UCEED exam pattern.
- Skim Various Study Material: Refer to multiple study materials to get a proper hang of the UCEED syllabus. It gives a more comprehensive understanding of the subject.
- Enhance drawing Skills: Candidates should understand the concepts of drawing such as perspective, shade, proportion, shadows, and textures.
Basic knowledge of colour theory and design principles will be essential for the exam.
- Sustain Good Health & Morale: UCEED Exam pressure can be impactful on the health and morale of the candidates.
Candidates should maintain good health and higher morale by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising daily.
UCEED Admit Card:
Candidates can download the admit card by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of UCEED 2022.
Step 2: Click on the "UCEED Admit Card 2022" button.
Step 3: Log in to the website using your credentials like ID and password.
Step 4: After login in, the candidate can view their admit card
Step 5: Download the admit card and take a printout of the same for reference.
Get in touch with the UCEED 2022 office in Bombay immediately if any errors need rectification. Application for changes will only be accepted till January 8th to 14th, 2022.
Results can be viewed by following the steps below:
Step 1: Go to the official website of UCCED and click the entrance exam link.
Step 2: Select UCEED 2022 and log in using email ID and password.
Step 3: After successful login, click on the result tab.
Step 4: Results will be displayed on the screen.
Step 5: View and print the results for future reference.
UCEED Cut Offs:
|Merit List||Minimum Total Marks|
|Common Rank List||100|
|OBC- NCL Rank List||90|
|SC/ ST Rank List||50|
|PwD Rank List ||50|
Deciding Factors for UCEED Cut off:
- Total number of candidates who appeared in the examination
- Total number of Seats
- Total numbers of candidates qualifying for the exam
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Reservation Norms
Candidates who have qualified by securing the minimum percentage marks in UCEED can take part in the counselling process to get admission in the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) program offered by various colleges.
Counselling will be conducted in three rounds.
- The entire process, from counselling to seat allocation, will take place online.
- Before signing up for the UCEED counselling session, candidates must go through the information bulletin.
- All the information and announcements regarding the counselling rounds and allotment will be published on the official website.
Eligible candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps for UCEED counselling:
Step 1: Application Form
After submitting the UCEED 2022 application form, candidates have to pay a processing fee on the portal.
Step 2: Seat Allotment Criteria
Applicants will be shortlisted and called for counselling. The counselling is held in the form of seat allotment based on the ranking, category of the candidate, and the choice of the institute.
The counselling process depends on the number of eligible candidates. If the allotments are filled after the first round, the counselling closes. If the seats are left, the counselling process continues.
Step 3: Counselling Process:
During the counselling procedure, students can put their preferences in the form of "Freeze" or "Float". Freeze indicates acceptance of the seat and float indicates considering upwards allotment.
Candidates can freeze or float in these rounds of counselling as per their choice.
If the aspirants decide to float in the second/ third round, the choices for other rounds depend on the availability of seats.
Step 4: Seat Allotment:
The selected candidates will receive an email regarding the provisional seat allotment.
Candidates need to pay a seat acceptance fee.
If they are unable to pay within the specified time or decline the acceptance of the seat, their application will be rejected.
The vacant seat will be provided to another candidate during the allocation process.
|Category||Acceptance Fees (In Rs.)|
|ST/ SC/ PWD||15,000/-|
Documents Required for the Counselling Process:
- 2 Recent Passport Size Photographs
- UCEED 2022 Admit Card
- Certificate of 10th class in original
- Marksheet of 10+2 level & Original Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
- Visit the official website of UCEED 2022 and register.
- UCEED is an online examination.
- UCEED Exam is conducted for Bachelor of Design (B.Des).
- Candidates from the General/ OBC category must pay Rs. 60,000/- & ST/ SC/ PWD category must pay Rs. 15,000/-
- For each correct answer, candidates will be awarded 4 marks for Section 1 and Section 2, and 3 marks for Section 3. There is no negative marking for Section 1, while every wrong answer will attract a deduction of -0.19 in Section 2 and -1.32 in Section 3.
- IIT Bombay strictly instructs that the caste can only be updated while filling the admission form. No changes can be made once submitted.
- All the counselling sessions will be conducted only through online mode.
- There are around 20 institutes across India that are a part of the Joint Admission process conducted by IIT Bombay.
- There will be no correction window for the candidates. Hence, they must review the form carefully before submitting.
- The duration for Bachelor of Design (B.Des) is 4 years.
UCEED aspirants have to meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for the exam:
- Aspirants should have passed class 12 (Science/ Arts & Humanities/ Commerce) or equivalent by a recognized board.
- Indian, as well as foreign nationals & OCI/PIO candidates, can apply.
- Candidates can appear for UCEED for a maximum of 2 consecutive years.
- Age criteria for the General/ OBC/ NCL category candidates are that they should be born on or after 1 October 1996 and for SC/ ST category, candidates can be born on or after 1 October 1990.