INI SS Exam
|INI SS 2022 Exam Date (For July 2022 Session)||April 23, 2022|
|Name of the Examination||Institute of National Importance Super-Specialty Entrance Test|
|Common Name||INI SS Exam|
|Conducting Body||AIIMS, New Delhi|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
What is the INI SS Exam?
INI SS is a national level examination conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- Exam Details
- INI SS Exam Dates
- Exam Centres
- INI SS Exam Syllabus and Books
- Exam Pattern
- Preparation Tips
- Admit Card
- Further Admission Process
- INI SS Exam Eligibility Criteria
This exam is held for getting admission into courses, such as DM/ M.Ch and MD (Hospital Administration) in the following institutes:
- AIIMS (New Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, and Rishikesh)
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram.
The INI SS entrance exam is held in two Stages, I and II. Stage I is applicable to all participating institutes, whereas Stage II is applicable only to AIIMS.
Stage I is an MCQ based examination, scheduled to be held on December 7th, 2021. Candidates who secure more than 50% in Stage I, are eligible for the Stage II exam.
Candidates going for the super speciality courses have to complete their postgraduate courses in the respective field. MD Hospital Administration aspirants have to complete their MBBS from a recognized institute.
INI SS Exam Details:
|Exam Mode ||Online (CBT)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|NATA Exam Duration 2021 ||90 Minutes (Stage 1)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) for Stage I|
|Qualifying Marks||50% for both stage I and II|
INI SS Exam Dates:
|Beginning of Registration||March 16, 2022|
|End of Registration||April 1, 2022|
|Status of Application||April 5, 2022|
|INI SS Admit Card||April 16, 2022|
|INI SS Exam Date||April 23, 2022|
|Results||April 27, 2022|
INI SS Registration:
Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps for INI SS exam registration and application for the January 2022 Session.
Step 1: Visit the official website of AIIMS and proceed to the "Academic Course" tab.
Step 2: Click on the INI SS tab.
Step 3: Enter all the required details in the form and register.
Step 4: You will receive your login credentials.
How to Fill-Up the INI SS Exam Form?
Step 1: Log in using the provided credentials.
Step 2: Fill in the academic and other information such as qualifying examination, internship, medical registration, etc.
Step 3: Select three examination centres, in order of preference, from the list of available cities.
Step 4: Upload the scanned images of the Photograph, Thumb impression, and Signature in the relevant format.
Step 5: Proceed to pay the application fee for the examination and submit the form.
INI SS Application Fees:
|Category||Application Fee |
|All Applicants||Rs. 4,250|
The application fee can be paid through Debit/ Credit Card/ Net Banking only. No changes are allowed after payment of the application fee.
|Recent Coloured Passport Size Photograph|
|Candidate's Scanned Signature|
|Candidate's Left Thumb Imprint|
The following documents will be required to fill-up the application form and further processes:
- Class 10th Marksheet or Equivalent
- Class 12th Marksheet or Equivalent
- Undergraduate Degree Certificate and Mark Sheet
- Postgraduate Degree Certificate and Mark Sheet
- Identification Proof (Voter Card/ Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving License/ School Identity Card)
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
- PwD Certificate (If Applicable)
INI SS Exam Centres:
The INI SS entrance exam will be conducted across 20 cities. They are mentioned below:
INI SS Exam Syllabus and Books:
The INI SS exam syllabus covers topics from the candidate's respective postgraduate specializations and undergraduate course.
Books for INI SS:
|Principles of Surgery||Shackelford|
|MCQs in Medicine||Adithya Udupa K|
|Bailey and Love's Short Practice of Surgery||Henry Hamilton Bailey|
|Sabiston Textbook of Surgery||Courtney Townsend, R. Daniel Beauchamp, B. Mark Evers, and Kenneth Mattox|
INI SS Exam Pattern:
Stage I (Applicable to all Participating Institutes):
|Test Duration||90 Minutes|
|Total Number of Questions||80|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
+1 Marks for Every Correct Answer
-1/3 for Every Wrong Answer
Stage II (Applicable to all AIIMS only):
Total Marks: 20
- Only those candidates who have secured 50% or more marks in Stage I can sit for Stage II.
- The candidate has to answer a lab-based assessment related for which the candidate has applied.
- Candidates must obtain 50% or more marks in Stage-I & Stage-II combined to qualify for AIIMS Seat allocation.
INI SS Preparation Tips:
Candidates can follow these tips while preparing for INI SS:
- Schedule Your Day: There are only 24 hours in a day, utilize them strategically to give time to all the topics that need to be covered.
- Brush Your Basics: The INI SS exam syllabus consists of topics from the specializations chosen in PG courses. So, make sure you go through all your basics of your preferred speciality.
- Evaluate Through Mock Test: With every mock test you undertake, you come across new questions. These not only boost your preparation, but also help you build confidence. The scores of these tests will give you an idea of where to improve.
- Put Your Health First: As Doctors, it is of utmost importance that you take care of yourself first if you want to help others. Strategize and spread the preparation time over days in such a way that there is no unwanted pressure on the last days.
INI SS Exam Admit Card:
Candidates can download the INI SS admit card 2022 before the INI SS exam date by following the below steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of AIIMS.
Step 2: Candidates have to log in using their credentials.
Step 3: Click on the INI SS Admit Card link.
Step 4: The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
Step 5: Confirm all the details, download, and take a printout of the Admit Card for further processes.
INI SS Results:
The INI SS entrance exam results can be viewed by following the steps below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of AIIMS.
Step 2: Log in using valid credentials.
Step 3: Enter the Roll Number and check the INI SS scorecard.
Step 4: View and print the results for future reference.
There will be two lists of qualified candidates in the order of merit, based on the performance in Stage I and Stage II examination, as applicable.
Common Merit List (CML)
- Candidates who qualified for the Stage I examination will be assigned a rank and be placed in the list, in order of overall rank.
- CML will be used for seat allocation in all institutes except AIIMS.
AIIMS Merit List (AML)
- This list will be used for seat allocation in all AIIMS only.
- The candidate must have appeared in and qualified for both Stage I and II examinations.
- The list will be based on the marks obtained in both stages combined (100 marks)
- All the candidates will be assigned a rank and placed in the list in order of overall rank.
Further Admission Process After INI SS:
Based on the overall rank in the CML/ AML and the choices in order of preference as filled by the candidate, there will be a synchronized allocation of seats in all the institutes.
- The admit card will be available on the AIIMS website from 30th November 2021.
- The exam is a Computer-Based Test (CBT.)
- The exam is conducted for DM/ M.Ch and MD (Hospital Administration.)
- The application fee can be paid via Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking only.
- Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for every right answer. There is a negative marking of -1/3 for every incorrect answer.
- The syllabus consists of topics from the candidate's respective postgraduate specializations and undergraduate course.
- Only PwBD candidates are exempted from the payment of application fees.
- It is conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS,) New Delhi.
- Once the application fee has been paid, no further modification is allowed.
- AIIMS (New Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, Rishikesh), JIPMER (Puducherry), NIMHANS (Bengaluru), PGIMER (Chandigarh) and Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology (SCTIMST) (Thiruvananthapuram).
The aspirants have to meet the following INI SS exam eligibility criteria for admission to different courses:
DM/ M.Ch Course:
- The candidate must have a postgraduate degree such as MD/ DNB in the relevant field for DM.
- An MS is required for M.Ch courses.
Age Limit (General Category):
|Institute||Upper Age Limit (As of 1st January 2022)|
|AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS||35 Years|
|PGIMER, Chandigarh||45 Years|
|NIMHANS, Bengaluru||37 Years|
|SCTIMST, Thiruvananthapuram||40 Years|
|JIPMER, Puducherry||No Upper Age Limit|
Age Limit Relaxation:
|Category||Age Limit Relaxation (Maximum)|
|SC/ ST||5 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers||5 Years|
MD Hospital Administration:
- The candidate must possess MBBS or an equivalent degree (as per NMC).
- They must be registered with the Central/ State Medical Registration Council.
- The candidate must possess a minimum experience of 3 years in a Govt. Hospital in the relevant field or 5 years in general practice.
- Candidates belonging to UR/ OBC/ EWS/ Sponsored category must have obtained 55% (5% relaxation for reserved category students) aggregate marks in MBBS.