Diplomate of National Board -Centralized Entrance Test
|DNB CET Exam Date||To be Announced|
|Name of the Examination||Diplomate of National Board -Centralized Entrance Test|
|Common Name||DNB CET|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Frequency of the Exam||Twice a Year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Exam Mode ||Online (CBT)|
|DNB CET 2022 Exam Duration ||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Qualifying Cut-off||50 Percentile|
DNB CET 2022 Exam Dates:
|Events ||Tentative Dates |
|Information Brochure ||To be Announced|
|Beginning of Registration||To be Announced|
|End of Registration for DNB CET 2022||To be Announced|
|Application Correction Window||To be Announced|
|Admit Card||To be Announced|
|DNB CET 2022 Exam Date||To be Announced|
|DNB CET 2022 Results||To be Announced|
|DNB CET 2022 Rank Card||To be Announced|
|DNB CET 2022 Merit List||To be Announced|
|Counselling Date for DNB CET 2022||To be Announced|
DNB CET Registration:
Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to register for DNB CET 2022:
Step 1: Visit the official website of NBE
Step 2: Fill in all the basic and mandatory fields.
Step 3: Reconfirm your data and click on the confirmation button.
Step 4: A mail with a registered email address and password will be sent to your email address.
How to fill up the DNB CET Application Form?
Step 1: Go to the official website of NBE.
Step 2: Click on "DNB CET 2022 Application Form."
Step 3: Aspirants need to log in using their credentials.
Step 4: After logging in, they need to add their personal details and educational details and answer the security question.
Step 5: Aspirants need to upload the required documents as an authentication for the details mentioned above. In addition to these, they also have to upload their photographs and signatures.
Step 6: After saving and submitting the above details, aspirants will have to pay the required application fees.
Step 7: After paying the fees, the final submission of the application form shall be completed.
DNB CET Application Fees:
Application fees for General, OBC, SC, ST, and PwD candidates is Rs. 4,500.
- Recent Colour Passport-size Photo
- Scanned Signature
- Class 10th Marksheet or Equivalent
- Class 12th Marksheet or Equivalent
- MBBS Marksheet
- Internship Completion Certificate
- Permanent Residential Certificate
- ID Proof issued by the Government of India
- Caste certificate (If Applicable)
DNB CET Exam Centres:
The exam will be conducted in 54 cities across India. Below are some of the popular locations:
|Bangalore ||Chennai |
|Pune ||Kolkata |
DNB CET Syllabus and Books:
Candidates have to prepare the following core topics for the exam:
|Physiology ||Dermatology & STD|
|Pharmacology||Statistics & Biomedical Research|
|Social and Preventive medicine||General Surgery|
|Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT)||Orthopaedics|
Books for DNB CET:
|DNB CET Review 4ed Vol-3||Dr Aditi Bharat, Dr Gaurav Bharat, Dr Ishad Aggarwal|
|Review Of DNB CET And NEET PG Medical Entrance Examination (DNB In Your Hands)||Vikash Gupta|
|DNB Entrance Examination DNB-CET||M.S. Bhatia|
|A Complete Guide to DNB - CET (2019- 2021): Fully explanatory with references from the latest edition||Ashfaq Ul Hassan|
DNB CET Exam Pattern:
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Marks Per Question||+4 for Every Correct Answer|
|Negative Marks||No Negative Marking|
|Type of Questions||Multiple-Choice Questions|
DNB CET Preparation Tips:
Candidates can follow these tips while preparing for the exam:
- Study Schedule: Candidates need to maintain a strict study schedule. A minimum of 8 hours of study per day should be determined by them meticulously.
- Let Mocks Guide You: Divide the DNB CET syllabus for studies. Revise an entire section and evaluate your learning in regular intervals by solving mocks.
- Switch Study Material: Refer to multiple study materials. It can be a good strategy to get a broader understanding of the subject.
- Good Health = Better Studies: DNB CET Exam pressure can agitate your morale and health. Take necessary breaks and rejuvenation sessions. Ensure you consume a healthy diet, exercise, and believe in your preparation for the exam.
DNB CET Admit Card:
Candidates can download the admit card by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of NBE.
Step 2: Click on the "Admit Card" button displayed on the home page.
Step 3: Login using your credentials like ID, password and application number.
Step 4: Review the details entered before pressing the "submit" button.
Step 5: View and download the admit card. Take a printout of the same.
DNB CET Results:
Results can be viewed by following the steps below:
Step 1: Go to the official website of NBE
Step 2: Click on the DNB CET and hit "Results".
Step 3: Log in with the enrollment number, password, and captcha
Step 4: DNB CET results will display on the screen after logging in.
Step 5: View and download the results. Keep a printout of the same till the counselling of the admission process is completed.
DNB CET Cut offs:
NBE has tabulated the cut offs and below:
|SC/ ST/ OBC||45|
Deciding factors for DNB CET Cut off:
- The total number of candidates who appeared in the examination
- Total number of Seats
- Total numbers of candidates qualify for the exam.
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Reservation Norms
DNB CET Counselling:
Candidates who have qualified by securing the minimum percentage of marks in DNB CET can take part in the counselling to get admission in the postgraduate Medical program offered by the National Board of Examination (NBE).
Following are some important points regarding DNB CET:
- Counselling will be conducted in 4 rounds.
- The first 3 rounds of counselling will be online while the fourth round is offline.
- Before signing up for the DNB CET counselling session, candidates must go through the information bulletin.
- All the information and announcements regarding the counselling rounds and allotment will be published on the official website.
Eligible candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps for DNB CET online counselling:
Step 1: Registration Process:
Candidates need to create new credentials for counselling by logging into the official website of NBE and entering all the required information.
A new ID will be generated that will be used in the further steps of counselling. Candidates must save those details.
Step 2: Sign-in Process:
After logging into the portal, an OTP will be sent on the applicant's DNB CET registered mail ID & phone number.
The OTP needs to be entered to sign up for DNB CET counselling.
Step 3: Counselling Fee:
Students need to pay a counselling fee of Rs. 2,500.00 through the online payment gateway portal.
Step 4: Review Application:
Candidates need to review and edit the details if found incorrect.
Step 5: Documents Uploadation:
In this step, candidates have to upload the documents in their designated field on the portal. The documents should be scanned and uploaded in the required format and resolution.
Step 6: Selecting Preferences:
Candidates must make a list of their preferred state and hospital. They can add, remove and rank them on the portal as per their preferences.
Step 7: Declaration:
After mentioning their preferences, candidates must save and lock the details to move to the final step.
The offline counselling takes place at the below-mentioned address:
National Board of Examinations, PSP Area
Sector-9, Dwarka, New Delhi
- Certificate of 10th class in original or birth certificate of the candidate
- Marksheet of 10+2 level
- Certificate of MBBS degree in original
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent registration Certificate by MCI/ State Medical Council
- System generated registration slip
- Downloaded DNB CET 2022 hall ticket or admit card
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
- You can visit the official website of NBE and register for DNB CET.
- DNB CET is an online examination.
- Courses for which the DNB CET Exam is conducted are Doctor of Medicine (DM), Magister Chirurgiae (M.Ch), and Diplomate Of National Board (DNB).
- The application fee for all the categories is Rs. 4,500/-
- The candidates will be awarded 4 marks for every correct answer. There is no negative marking.
- You will not be allowed for the verification process. It can also lead to disruption of that particular academic year.
- Three rounds are online while the fourth round is offline.
- You can look forward to studying in NBE (National Board of Examination) accredited institutions, hospitals, or medical colleges.
- Yes, you can modify the information. NBE opens a correction window after basic registration.
- The duration of the DNB super specialty course is 3 years.
DNB CET aspirants have to meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for the exam:
- Aspirants should hold an MBBS degree from a recognized institute by National Medical Commission (NMC).
- They should have completed their rotatory training of 3 years by 31st December, 2019.
- Students must have India as their nationality.
- They must have registered themselves with the National Medical Commission (NMC) or State Medical Council.