Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences
Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences, N.H - 13 Purle, Shimoga, Karnataka - 577222
Medical Council of India (MCI)
Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences was established in 2003 by T Subbaramaiah who is an agriculturist by calling and a visionary, imbued with a zeal for taking education and research to regions that would remain seamless in their sweep and sway. The institution is reputed for ensuring high-quality education and unconstrained learning facilities.
The institution offers courses to various medical, nursing and dental degrees. SMC also has a high technology research and learning centre. The Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences, formerly called as Subbaiah Medical College is sprawled over a lush green 32-acre land, the college is housed within the total space of 12,00,000sq.ft. The hospital owns a 700 bedded multi-speciality hospital as designated by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Scholarship is provided as per norms of Government of Karnataka.
Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences (SIMS) is committed to ensuring top-class medical education and quality research to the students with the help of eminent and experienced teachers. The institute has a good number of clinical materials and an impressive huge library with thousands of medically relevant books along with some foreign and local journals.
The institute has a pleasant and healthy atmosphere and ensures safety hostel facilities for a comfortable stay, whereas food is available for students within the campus of the institute. The training provided in the institute is student-centric, where the teachers are facilitators who help students learn the subject, rather than just teaching them.
- Junior Doctors
- Teacher or Professor
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- The institute is located in Shimoga, Karnataka
- Yes, Subbaiah Medical College is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Yes, Subbaiah Medical College is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- The seat intake for MBBS at SIMS is 150 students.
- The college facilitates a campus library, hostel facilities, teaching hospital, lecture halls, laboratories, department museum, sports and games facilities, staff quarters, cafeteria, animal house, rural health training centre and other various facilities are provided by the institute.
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying II PUC or 12 std or equivalent examination in which the last 2 years of the study must be comprising physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject. The applicant must have passed all these subjects individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks. In addition to this, the candidate has to appear in the college entrance exam and must not secure less than 50% marks in PCB.
- The management fee for MBBS at Subbaiah Medical College is Rs. 28,75,500.