SDS TRC & RGICD College of Nursing
Someshwarnagar, 1st Main Road, Dharmaram College Road, Near NIMHANS, Bangalore 560029
Medical Council of India (MCI)
SDS TRC & RGICD College of Nursing is a part of the SDS Tuberculosis Research Centre and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases. It is located in a sprawling 60-acre campus next to the renowned NIMHANS on Hosur Road in Bangalore.
The nursing college offers both bachelor’s and master’s programmes in nursing with the students having access to Bangalore Medical College for clinical experience in addition to the 470-bed hospital attached to the SDS Tuberculosis and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases.
With all the infrastructure and other support amenities in place, the government-run institution offers its students rich learning experience. The teaching is another reason why this college of nursing is popular among the students.
*Scholarships subject to central/state government and college rules.
|KCET||Karnataka College Entrance Test|
|PGCET||Post Graduate Common Entrance Test|
Some of the notable reasons why students choose SDS and RGICD College of Nursing are:
- Good Access to Hospitals: The institute is a popular destination for patients from across the state of Karnataka and the neighbouring states resulting in good access to clinical experience.
- Highly Qualified Teaching Staff: The teaching staff at SDS and RGICD College of Nursing are among the best in the field of nursing education and the lab technicians provide adequate support.
- Fully Equipped Lab and Library: The students of the college can benefit greatly from the labs and library that are fully equipped with state-of-the-art tools and reference books that help in assimilating knowledge.
- Convenient Location: Located in the heart of the city with good connectivity and transportation facilities, the college is accessible with minimal hassle.
Career opportunities for successful candidates of the college include:
- General Nurse
- Specialist Nurse - Community Health Nursing
- Specialist Nurse - Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Specialist Nurse - Psychiatry
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Community Health Nursing
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Medical-Surgical Nursing
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Obstetrics and Gynecology (OBG) Nursing
Yes. The institution is funded by the Government of Karnataka with access to the attached TB hospital and Bangalore Medical College.
The college is funded by the government and as a result, it enjoys some of the best infrastructures available to nursing colleges.
The teaching staff at SDS and RGICD are highly knowledgeable in their field and impart high quality of education in both theoretical and practical aspects.
Yes. The students have access to the 470-bed hospital that’s attached to the college.
Since the college is a state-run institute, the fees charged will be considerably less than the fees charged by private institutions.