School of Liberal Arts, AIMS Institutes
AIMS INSTITUTES 1st cross, 1st stage, Peenya, Bangalore 560 058, INDIA.
University Grants Commission (UGC)
The School of Liberal Arts, AIMS Institutes, is located within the AIMS Institutes campus in Peenya, Bangalore. The school aims to impart quality education in varied fields such as social work, English literature, performing arts, and journalism.
With a focus on developing the overall character of students to fit the demands of the rigorous professional environment, the courses are designed to help the students develop in all spheres - emotional, mental, and physical.
The students are encouraged to develop various faculties such as critical thinking, social awareness, and open-mindedness. The staff at the college are always eager to help the students to assimilate the necessary knowledge and skills for a successful career in their chosen field.
Scholarships subject to the central/state government and college rules.
The institution offers scholarships and financial aid for the needy and students with extraordinary academic achievements. There are three types of scholarships. They are:
- Merit Scholarships
- Financial Aid
- Alumni Association Scholarships
The School of Liberal Arts, AIMS Institutes, offers the students a host of reasons to be their institution of choice. Some of them are:
- One of the Best in Social Work Education: The School of Liberal Arts has the reputation of being one of the best in the field of Social Work education with leading NGOs recruiting the students.
- High Emphasis on Liberal Thinking: Students are encouraged to develop a healthy disregard for norms of society and focus on critical and liberal thinking.
- Teaching Staff With Industry Expertise: A significant number of the teaching staff have hands-on experience in their fields which enables them to impart practical knowledge.
- Modern Infrastructure With All Amenities: The campus provides all the amenities that one expects from a premier educational institute including sports areas and cafeteria.
Career Options for the graduates of the School of Liberal Arts include:
- Social Worker in NGOs and government organizations
- Artist in Theatre, Television, Film, and other media
- Clinical Counsellor
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Journalism, Psychology and Optional English
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Performing Arts (Music and Dance)
The MSW or Master of Social Work in AIMS is well known and is the most popular course that is opted for by students as a PG degree.
There are several opportunities for a BA in Journalism and Mass Communications in today’s day and age. Some of them are: Journalist/News reporter, Fashion Photographer, TV Correspondent, Producer ,Radio Jockey/ RJ, Public Relations Officer, Content Writer and others.
Yes, it is possible.
There are a number of applications, depending on the type of performing arts stream chosen, they are: Performer, Researcher, Academician, Author, Critic, Organizer, Choreographer, Actor, Entrepreneur, Dance Content Developer.
Some of the top paying jobs after a degree in Journalism are: Social Media Planner, Content Manager, Digital Strategist, Communications Manager, Public Relations Specialist and Corporate Communications Specialist.