School of Design, Presidency University
Presidency University, Itgalpur, Rajanakunte, Yelahanka, Bengaluru 560064 Karnataka, India
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Presidency University is a Bangalore-based private university established in 2013. School of Design, Presidency University is known for providing the best design education in Bangalore. The college helps its students to adapt to the rapid changes in society.
Admissions in the B.Des programme in this university are subject to performance in PDET (Presidency's Design Entrance Test). The students have admired the university campus, courses, faculty, and placements.
Presidency University is one of the most promising institutes in Karnataka. The courses are taught through a practical approach and studio training. The assignments/tasks done by students as a part of fieldwork are supervised by the faculty members
*Scholarships subject to the central/state government and college rules.
The scholarship provided by the institute for 2019-20 are as follows:
|Scholarship||Criteria||Percentage||Value of Scholarship (Rs.)|
|Presidencian Scholarship||Student Studied 11th &12th Std in any Presidency Institutions are also eligible||Minimum 70%||25,000|
|Defense & Police Scholarship||Students whose parents are serving in the Defence or are from Ex-Defence Category / Serving in the Police Forces||Minimum 70%||10,000|
|KV Scholarship||Students from Kendra Vidyalaya Institutions||Minimum 70%||25,000|
|Single Parent Scholarship||Child of a Single Parent [Mother only]||Minimum 60%||25,000|
|Orphans Scholarship||Orphans [for 2 /3 /4 /5 years]||Minimum 60%||50% of the Tuition Fee|
|SC/ST||Students under SC/ST Category||Minimum 60%||50% of the Tuition Fee|
|Sports Category*||Representing a State Level||Minimum 60%||25,000|
|7 Sisters Scholarship||Students from North East (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura )||NA||25% of the Tuition Fee|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Students from Andaman & Nicobar||NA||25,000|
|PDCET||Presidency's Design Entrance Test|
School of Design, Presidency University is one of the most promising institutions in Karnataka. These are the facilities that are provided by the college:
- Learning Environment: The college offers research and practices based learning environment to the students. They learn and apply the theory in the actual work environment.
- Faculty Members: The faculty members are experienced and accomplished in design academicians who will help the students with their development in thinking, creating and innovating.
- Facilities: The college provides all the modern facilities to the students like the latest design equipment, technology, and studio space.
- Opportunities: There are professional mentors to help the students, guest lectures, project sponsors and mentors, internship opportunities and many more,
- Skill Building: The students will learn how to build their portfolio, develop their communication skills, entrepreneurship skills, leadership skills, and many more
Graduates of School of Design, Presidency University can become:
- Fashion Designer
- Retail Buyer
- Personal Shopper
You’ll to attempt and clear PDET (Presidency’s Design Entrance Test)-- which is a two phase test mandatory for every applicant.
Yes, today designing is a multi-million dollar business in India and people are spending money on furniture, clothes, homes, appliances, and more.
It’s good, advanced, and appropriate for the price you’re paying.
The university has a placement division to help students with jobs after studies.
Please check the college profile on our site for the exact fees.