Sankara College of Optometry
Varthur Main Road, Kundalahalli Road, Bangalore – 560037
Medical Council of India (MCI)
Sankara College of Optometry is the academic division of Sankara Eye Hospitals, a privately-owned chain of ophthalmology hospitals. It was established in 2013 to offer educational programmes and consultancy services in the sector of eye care.
The institution offers the latest equipment, training, and fieldwork in the same. The students are offered placement opportunities to top eye care companies. The students graduating from this college can become satisfied and eminent professionals.
SAV is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) and approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Admissions to the college are based on scores in 10+2 or HSC level with PCB and English mandatory. There is no entrance test.
*Scholarships subject to the central/state government and college rules.
|KCET||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|PGCET||Post Graduate Common Entrance Test|
|PDCET||Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test|
Sankara College of Optometry provides the students with qualified and eminent faculty members for the best training in this sector. The facilities provided by the college are:
- Faculty: The teaching staff of the college are dedicated to their work and inspire students to work hard for their future.
- Labs: The students are provided with well-equipped labs to practice their skills and it also helps them to achieve adequate practical training in their field.
- Tradition: The college is known for its heritage as it is a foundation that was built 41 years ago. It is one of the excellent eye care foundations in the country.
- Facilities: The college provides world-class facilities to the students who are studying in this college.
The graduates of Sankara College of Optometry can become:
- Own Speciality eye clinic
- Work in Eye Care company
- Higher Studies
Master of Science (M.Sc) Optometry (Clinical Optometry)
The primary objective of the DNB programme is to gain proficiency in diagnosis and management of eye diseases. The course also exposes students to various subspecialties and relevant eye diseases.
Kundalahalli Gate stop is the nearest bus station to Sankara College of Optometry.
Sankara College of Optometry is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka.
Most optometrists are directly involved in clinical practices and work in the corporate sector or independently. They carry out eye examinations, prescribe corrective spectacles/contact lenses, and they diagnose eye diseases as well.
Applicants who have completed their Bachelor of Optometry degree programme from a recognized institution are eligible for applying to the programme. An entrance exam followed by a one-to-one interview is mandatory for the selection process.