National Institute of Fashion Technology
NIFT Campus, C.A. Site #21, 27th Main HSR Layout, PWD Quarters, 1st Sector, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560102
Ministry of Textiles
National Institute of Fashion Technology, established under the affiliation of Ministry of Textiles, Government of India in 1986, is one of the premier institutes in Designing, Technology and Management. The college is recognised under AICTE.
The students can take admission in the college to learn varied skills in fashion designing. The institute is one of the first colleges to provide education in the evolving fashion business. The college has seven centres in New Delhi, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai.
The students are equipped with a set of an academic model that is created by creative genius and skilled experts from the fashion industry. The campus is active and vibrant and the students are complemented with world best facilities.
**Scholarships subject to the central/state government and college rules.
1. NIFT offers specified and conditional subsidies to meritorious students based on the provisions made in Means-cum-Merit Financial Assistance Scheme.
2. They also offer assistance through a Student Assistantship Programme on campus to students for specific services rendered by them to the institute.
|NIFT Entrance Exam||National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Examination|
National Institute of Fashion Technology has emerged as a centre of excellence to provide training and education in the field of fashion designing. The facilities provided by the college are as follows:
- Classrooms: The college provides classrooms that are spacious and airy. They are well-equipped with audio-visual learning aids.
- Faculty: The faculty members of the college are highly qualified and they are dedicated to their work. They support and inspire their students.
- Hostel: The college provides separate hostel accommodation for boys and girls. The rooms are provided with modern facilities.
- Events: The college organises various events for the students to participate and develop their professional skills.
A student graduating from NIFT can become:
- Fashion designer
- Retail buyer
- Retail manager
- Textile designer
- Jewellery and footwear designer
- Personal Shopper
Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) Fashion & Lifestyle Accessories (Interior Products & Handcrafted Accessories)
Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) Fashion Communication
Bachelor of Fashion Design (B.Des.) Fashion Design
Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.FTech) Apparel Production
National Institute of Fashion Technology is a public institution, under the Government of India.
Mallya Hospital is the nearest bus station to National Institute of Fashion Technology.
From photography and design to merchandising and PR, a fashion technology degree could be the key to a wide array of exciting career options.
Various job prospects include: Clothing/textile technologist, Jewellery designer, Magazine journalist, Make-up artist, Event manager and Public relations officer.
Admission is done based on your score/rank in the NIFT Entrance Exam, conducted nation-wide every year by the National Institutes of Fashion Technology.