KIDWAI Memorial Institute of Oncology
Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Dr. M.H Marigowda Road, Bangalore - 560029
Government of Karnataka National Medical Commission (NMC)
Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology is an autonomous state government-owned cancer hospital in Bangalore that is partly funded by the central government. It was established in 1973 and since then has become one of the country’s leading centres for cutting edge cancer research and affordable cancer treatment.
As the hospital treats thousands of cancer patients each month, it has established its own allied health sciences and paramedical courses to train staff who can continue their legacy forward.
The college offers undergraduate, postgraduate, speciality, and super speciality programmes. in several streams. It is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) and approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
1) Scholarships subject to the Central/ State Government and College rules.
Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology is known for the quality education it is imparting to the students. The facilities provided by the college are:
- Accommodation: The college provides separate hostel facilities for boys and girls. The hostel provides services for the safe and comfortable living standard of the students.
- Academics: The college provides the best academic cell to facilitate the institution with academic activities in the speciality of oncology.
- Training and opportunity: The college is a member of the Union for International Cancer Control and it is recognised by the World Health Organization. Therefore, the students studying here have a lot of scope for a better training opportunity.
- Teaching staff: The faculty members of the college are a group of trained professionals who come together as interdisciplinary teams and provide the best training for the students.
Some of the career options for successful candidates from Kidwai Institute of Oncology are:
- Surgical Oncologist
- Clinical Pathologist
- Specialist Nurse - Oncological Nursing
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Medical Laboratory Technology
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Radiotherapy Technology
Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) Operation Theatre Technology
Post Graduate Diploma (P.G.D.) Anaesthesiology (DA)
KIDWAI Memorial Institute of Oncology is recognized/approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
KIDWAI Memorial Institute of Oncology is a public (autonomous) institution.
Kidwai stop is the nearest bus station to KIDWAI Memorial Institute of Oncology.
Medical oncologists treat patients who have malignancy and are in need of systemic therapy. They also help patients improve their outlook even after their cancer has potentially been cured.
KIDWAI Memorial Institute of Oncology hosts a specialized library with an array of features including reference services, library loan, computer-based cancer Information services, workshops/conferences and many more.