JSS Dental College and Hospital
Mysore Bangalore road, Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagara, Bannimantap, Mysuru, Karnataka - 570015
Dental Council of India (DCI)
Established in 1986-87, JSS Dental College and Hospital aims to become a centre of excellence in dental education in the country. The college provides world-class education in dentistry and provides a hospital practice that is excellent.
The college campus is located in the city of Mysuru, Karnataka State, South India. The college offers BDS and MDS courses in nine specialized divisions and Post Graduate Diploma in five specialities.
The college is recognized by both the Dental Council of India and the Government of India. It is affiliated to the JSS Academy of Higher Education & Research (JSSAHER). It offers separate hostel facilities are both males and females.
Scholarships subject to the Central/ State Government and College rules.
- National Entrance Exam Test for Under Graduate Courses (NEET UG)
- National Entrance Exam Test for Post Graduate Courses (NEET PG)
JSS Dental College and Hospital is known for the quality of education it provides and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The facilities provided by the college are as follows:
- Hostel: The college accommodation has separate boys and girls hostel and all food is provided to the students with a monthly payment.
- Seminar Hall: There is a seminar hall for students for guest lectures by eminent doctors and organize seminars.
- Labs: The lab is highly sophisticated with imported equipment for clinical, pre-clinical and basic sciences that make learning more interesting for them.
- Library: The library is stocked with books and research papers, international journals and newsletters related to the subject for the students.
Graduates of JSS Dental College and Hospital can become:
- Dental Surgeon
- Dentist Assistant
- Oral Pathologist
Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.) Oral Medicine and Radiology
Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.) Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.) Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.) Public Health Dentistry
Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.) Oral Pathology and Microbiology
Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.) Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Post Graduate Diploma in Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
Post Graduate Diploma in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
Post Graduate Diploma in Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
JSS Dental College and Hospital is part of Mysore-based deemed university JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research.
You have to clear NEET entrance exam. The dental programme here is not affiliated to RGUHS.
The university gives importance to research activities and over the years, they have published several papers about research conducted by both students and staff
Yes, the university has an active placement desk and over 75% of the students have been employed by top pharma, Ayurveda, biotech companies, and hospitals
As it’s a private deemed university, they have their own fee structure. Please check with the university or call/mail us for admission to this university