Government Unani Medical College and Hospital (GUMCH)
Near Pavitra Paradise, Dr. Siddaiah Puranic Road, Basaveshwar Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka - 560079
Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM) Government of Karnataka Ministry of AYUSH
Government Unani Medical College and Hospital (GUMCH) was established in September 1975. The college is approved by the Ministry of AYUSH, the Central Council of Indian Medicine, and the Government of Karnataka. It is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS).
The Government Unani Medical College (GUMC), Bangalore, was started to create competent doctors who are well-trained in Unani as well as Modern Medicine to cater to the needs of mankind.
Government Unani Medical College, Bangalore, has historic significance. It was established soon after the All India Tibbi Conference, 1973. Being the forerunner of the National Institute of Unani Medicine, Bangalore, the Government Unani Medical College & Hospital is one among the state-of-the-art Unani Colleges in Bangalore.
It has well-trained and highly qualified faculty members along with non-teaching staff to help maintain the ambience of the college. The hospital also provides an opportunity for the students to get hands-on experience in the subjects taught.
- Private Practitioner
- Medical Assistant
- Public Health Specialist
- Professor/ Lecturer, etc...
- The college is situated in Dr. Siddaiah Puranic Road, Basaveshwara Nagar, Bengaluru.
- Government Unani Medical College, Bangalore, has facilities like Library, Classrooms, Laboratory, Hostel, Cafeteria, Hospital and Medical facilities.
- Yes. It is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- BUMS is a 4.5 year course with a one year internship at the college.
- Yes. The students should have cleared the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET UG) to pursue BUMS.