College of Agriculture, Shivamogga
College of Agriculture, Shivamogga, Karnataka- 577216
Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR)
College of Agriculture was established in 1990 by the University of Agriculture Sciences, Bangalore. The College of Agriculture is located in Shivamogga and is accredited to the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). In the year 2012, the college became part of the University of Agriculture and Horticultural Sciences, Shivamogga.
College of Agriculture, Shivamogga provides all the major agriculture courses for students. The college is well established in providing quality education for students willing to study agriculture. College of Agriculture fees for the course is affordable for students who want to join.
College of Agriculture, Shivamogga, has the finest reputation in the agriculture field. The college offers students all the necessary facilities in academics. College of Agriculture has Zonal Agricultural and Horticultural Research Station, Organic Farming Research Centre, Areca Nut Research Centre and Krishi Vignana Kendra for the students.
Moreover, the college is located in Shivamogga district which has varied agro-climatic conditions. Agriculture College, Shimoga is equipped with laboratories for teaching and research purposes, a computer laboratory, Agricultural Research Information System (ARIS), and many more. College of Agriculture admission for UG, Ph.D. courses are based on the eligibility criteria of the students,
- Agriculture Officer
- Research Officer
- Quality Assurance Officer
- Agriculture Loan Officer (in Banks)
- Forensic Entomologist
- Agricultural Entomologist
- Survey Entomologist
- Commercial Entomologist
Master of Science (M.Sc) Genetics & Plant Breeding
Master of Science (M.Sc) Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry (Agri)
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Genetics & Plant Breeding
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry
- The College of Agriculture offers 3 levels of agriculture program under multiple specializations: a)Under Graduate Level - Bachelors of Science (B.Sc) b)Postgraduate Level - Master of Science (M.Sc) c)Doctoral Level - Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- The college is run under the direct authority of the Government.
- Yes, the institute is affiliated with the University of Agriculture and Horticulture Science, Shivamogga.
- The duration of the B.Sc program offered by the College of Agriculture is 4-years.
- The College of Agriculture offers 6 M.Sc agricultural programs for the B.Sc eligible candidates: a)Agricultural Entomology b)Agricultural Extension c)Agronomy d)Genetics and Plant Breeding e)Plant Pathology f)Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry
- The College of Agriculture offers Doctoral Programs (Ph.D.) for the duration of 6-years.