A.J. Institute of Speech and Hearing
A.J. Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Kuntikana, NH -66, Mangalore - 575 004, Karnataka, India.
Government of Karnataka Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
A.J Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre was established in 2002 under the promoting body, Laxmi Memorial Education Trust. The Institute was set-up with a keen view to impart quality, innovative as well as sound knowledge on medical education to its students.
The medical college has a well-developed infrastructure, talented, dedicated and highly skilled faculty who are committed to the progress of their students in an all-round manner. The management is dedicated to providing students with a holistic learning environment that enables them to gain the best from their course curriculum and apply their knowledge and honed skills to the betterment of the society and nation at large.
The college is endowed with good facilities that enable the students to broaden their horizon to acquire more, learn more and in-turn become better at their specializations. The college has well established connections in the Healthcare industry which exposes students to a practical experience in the field as well as enables them to secure a successful career in leading hospitals, clinics and other avenues.
Scholarships subject to the central/state government and college rules.
Admission is based on merit and eligibility criteria
A.J Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre was born under the tutelage, guidance, spark and innovation to impart the best knowledge to its students in the stream of medical sciences. The college has a well developed infrastructure, highly skilled and experienced staff, and a wide range of amenities such as: Sports, Gym, Cafeteria, Library, Auditorium, Hostel, Laboratory and Medical facilities for staff and students. The college also has well established connections within the healthcare world which provides students with an outlet to expand their practical knowledge on the subjects as well as procure successful employment avenues for their future service to mankind.
Bachelor in Audiology & Speech-Language Pathology (BASLP)
- Yes, the AJ Institute is affiliated to Mangalore University.
- The institute takes up to 20 eligible applicants for the BASLP program.
- The candidates must have passed Pre-University or 12 Std with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) as main subjects. Applicants who have studied Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Statistics/ Electronics/ Psychology can also apply.
- The total duration for the completion of the BASLP program at AJ Institute is 4-years, including a 1-year compulsory internship program.
- Candidates after the completion of the program, can have various career options: a) Audiologist b) Speech Pathologist c) Speech Therapist d) Clinical Supervisor e) Speech Pathology Reader f) Lecturer in Special Schools g) Teacher h) Researcher