Post-board exams stress can be as equally stressful as preparing for the board exams. This is because students get caught in a dilemma about what might be the best career for them. They find themselves tangled in the expectations of their parents and peer-pressure, thereby having difficulty figuring out what they actually want.
Below is a comprehensive list of the top professional courses after 12th!
- Courses after 12th Science Biology
- Courses after 12th Science
- Professional Courses after 12th Commerce
- Courses after 12th Arts
Courses after 12th Science Biology:
Students from the science-biology stream have a wide array of impressive degree programmes to choose from. Listed below are some of the most sought-after high salary courses after 12th science.
Medicine and Allied Health:
Medical and allied health courses are offered in various disciplines such as medical sciences, pharmacy, nursing, and fitness. Students who wish to make a difference by service to society can pursue these programmes. The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a mandatory requirement for admission into medical and dental surgery degree programmes.
A medical degree opens a wide range of opportunities to work in hospitals, private clinics, and healthcare organisations. Apart from medical practice, students can also find work in teaching, research and management related to the healthcare industry.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
Allied Health Courses:
- Bachelor in Physiotherapy (BPT)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Medical Radiologic Technology
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Medical Laboratory Technology
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Anaesthesia Technology
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Cardiac Perfusion Technology
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Intensive Care Technology
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Operation Theatre Technology
Other Associated Healthcare Courses:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Nursing
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D)
Alternative medicine aims to achieve healing through various ancient remedies and traditional practices. This stream doesn't involve invasive surgical practices contrary to allopathic medicine and produces minimal or no side effects.
Some of the best courses after 12th in this alternative medicine include:
- Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine Surgery (BAMS)
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS)
The life science courses include the branch of science that involves the study of life and organisms. This stream comprises two major branches: natural sciences and physical sciences.
Degree courses in life science are the most affordable courses in the current scenario.
Here's a list of the top courses after 12th in the life science stream:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Microbiology
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Forensic Sciences
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Genetics
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Botany
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Zoology
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Anthropology
Courses after 12th Science: PCM
Students who have opted physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects in their 12th boards can get into a plethora of fields such as engineering, mathematics, law, and computer science. Here's a list of the high salary courses after 12th science PCM.
Engineering is one of the most preferred professional streams offered in a variety of disciplines. An engineering degree promises a stable and high paying career for prospective students. It opens doors to personal growth and professional development. Students learn to analyse and solve problems as a team by participating in various projects and internships.
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Computer Science Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Aeronautical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Biotechnology Engineering
Law is a distinctive field that involves giving legal advice and representing clients in legal negotiations and court proceedings. Students who aspire to make a career in the field of legal studies and research can choose this stream. Apart from legal practice, there are a plethora of other job options such as writing, teaching, outsourcing, and professional research.
Students can choose to study a separate law degree or a humanities or commerce degree integrated with the law course. Listed below are the best courses after 12th in 2020 in law:
- Bachelor of Law (LLB)
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law (BA LLB)
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Law (B.Sc LLB)
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Law (BBA LLB)
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Law (B.Com LLB)
Computer Science is the field of study that deals with information and computation in computer systems. This stream comprises computational problems, computer graphics, and language programming.
Some of the professional courses after 12th in computer science include:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Computer Science Engineering
Professional Courses after 12th Commerce
Commerce is a career-centric field of study and opens up a plethora of opportunities for students in the business and management sector. This stream helps students build their leadership quality and problem-solving ability. It offers a great understanding of business management and its environment.
Some of the professional courses after 12th commerce include:
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A)
- Bachelor of Management Science (B.M.S)
- Chartered Accountancy (C.A)
- Bachelor of Business Studies (B.B.S)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (B.H.M)
- Bachelor of Finance and Accounting (B.F.A)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Statistics
- Bachelor of International Business and Finance (BIBF)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Bachelor of Event Management (BEM)
Courses after 12th Arts
Arts and Humanities is a popular course option for students who are passionate about creativity, communication, media, and journalism. This field involves subjectivity and open-mindedness.
A common misconception is that a degree in arts and humanities won't help land in a good job after graduation, but this is completely untrue.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Fine Arts / Visual Arts / Performing Arts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A)
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Hospitality and Travel
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Design
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC)
- Bachelor of Journalism
- Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM)