What are ITI courses?
ITI stands for Industrial Training Institutes, which are responsible for providing trade-specific vocational training. These institutes function under the DGET (Directorate General of Employment and Training) for delivering a voracious range of specific-skill based courses to students after the successful completion of class 8, class 10, and class 12th. These are short term professional technical courses in various realms, which mostly inclines towards encouraging students to get an excellent job in multiple fields such as electrical, mechanical, and several manufacturing sectors. All ITI courses mainly focus on the interest area of the student to proffer them the best quality training, which is extremely helpful to pursue an excellent career path. There are several private as well as government institutes or centres which offer ITI courses.
Types of ITI courses
There are mainly two streams of ITI courses, Engineering and Non-Engineering:
- The Engineering courses include subjects related to engineerings such as mathematics, physics, and several other technical papers.
- The Non-Engineering courses include soft skills-based courses. It can also include Management, IT, and Maintenance.
Benefits of ITI courses
There are several benefits to pursuing ITI courses. Some of the most common benefits are:
- Aid in securing a job at an early age
- Easy and direct employment available after the course
- Saves time as compared to a regular 3-year degree
- Can be sought right after class 8, 10, and 12 standard
What are the eligibility criteria for ITI courses?
The eligibility criteria for ITI courses are as follows:
- You should have completed your class 8, 10 or class 12 from any recognized board
- Your minimum age limit should not be lesser than 14 years
- Your maximum age limit cannot be more than 40 years
- It's indispensable to qualify in different ITI entrance exams for getting reputed government colleges
What is the usual duration of ITI courses?
The duration of the ITI courses might vary from 2 months to 2 years. Usually, the length of the engineering training or diplomas can continue up to 2 years, whereas the non-engineering courses can be two months, six months, nine months, one year, or even two years.
What is the admission procedure for ITI courses?
There are various private as well as government colleges for ITI courses. The private universities or agencies which proffer ITI courses accept direct admissions, whereas the reputed government colleges conduct various entrance tests for the admission of students.
How much does ITI courses cost?
The tuition fees for ITI courses in a government college are usually lower than any private college. The course fees for ITI courses can range from 5000INR to 50,000INR per year. The average course fees in government colleges are around 7000INR per year, and for private colleges, the average fees range up to 25,000INR.
It would be our pleasure to help you secure your future. Contact us today for expert admission guidance and kick start your career sooner rather than later.