University Of Mysore
Krishnaraja Boulevard Road, K.G Koppal, Mysuru, Karnataka - 570006
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Established on July 27th, 1916, the University of Mysore is the 6th oldest university in the country and the 1st in Karnataka. The public university is located in Mysore, Karnataka.
- Mysore University Courses
- Mysore University Fee Structure for UG Courses
- Mysore University Fee Structure for PG Courses
- Mysore University Fee Structure for Doctoral Courses
- University of Mysore Admission
University of Mysore Course Admissions can be done for its multiple Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Research Programs and diploma and certificate courses in various disciplines.
In addition to the regular courses, Mysore University also offers distance learning programs under multiple disciplines.
Highlights of the University of Mysore:
|Address||University of Mysore (UOM), Vishwavidyanilaya Karya Soudha, Crawford Hall, Mysuru-570005 |
|Campus Size||739 Acres|
|Management||Government of Karnataka |
|Approvals/ Recognition||UGC and AIU|
|Entrance Exams Accepted ||Mysore University Entrance Exam |
The university was the vision of Maharaja of Mysore Sri Nalvadi Krishnaraja Wadiyar IV (1884 - 1940) and the then diwan, Sir M Visvesvaraya (1860 - 1962).
The University of Mysore was the first university to be accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2000 with a 5-star status. Mysore University is now ranked 36th by NIRF-MHRD.
Mysore University Campus:
The Mysore university main campus is located in Mysore. It’s named Manasagangotri by the Kannada Poet Kuvempu. Spread over 739 acres, the campus contains a sprawling lake surrounded by trees, which extend to an area of 261 acres.
The University of Mysore was granted autonomy status in 1956. The territorial jurisdiction of the university initially consisted of 9 districts in Karnataka.
With the establishment of Bangalore University in 1964, Mangalore University in 1980, and Kuvempu University in 1987, the territorial jurisdiction of the University of Mysore has been confined to 4 southern districts of Karnataka:
- Mysore University, Manasagangotri (Main Campus)
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya Postgraduate Centre, Tubinakere Campus
- Postgraduate Centre at Hemagangotri, Hassan
- Dr B R Ambedkar Postgraduate Centre, Chamarajanagar
The university has more than 1,20,000 UG, PG, M.Phil, and PhD Students. There are 63 PG departments offering 76 postgraduate programs.
The university has the following centres, collaborations, and affiliations:
|Centres or Particulars||Numbers |
|Recognized Research Centres||66|
Mysore University Courses Offered:
Under Graduate Programs:
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law (BA LLB)
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Law (B.Com LLB)
Duration: 5 Years
BA LLB and B.Com LLB Eligibility:
Candidates should have passed 12th Standard or equivalent with a minimum aggregate score of 45%.
Aspiring candidates must also pass the entrance exams conducted by the Department of Law.
The age limit for General Category students is 20 years old and 22 years for people belonging to the SC/ ST/ OBC Communities.
- Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed)
Duration: 1-5 Years
Candidates who want to pursue only 1 to 2 years of the course have to complete their bachelor's degree from a recognized institute with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
Candidates wishing to pursue the course for its entire duration have to complete their 10+2 education with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized educational board.
The candidates are required to go through a physical screening round and must pass the entrance exam conducted by the university.
Candidates having some prior experience in sports must have participated in inter-college, inter-school, or individual levels in sports competitions.
Planning and Architecture:
- Bachelor of Planning (B.Plan)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
Duration: 5 Years
Candidates must have passed their 12th Standard or Pre-university College with the required minimum aggregate marks.
Those who have appeared for NATA are exempted from the written entrance exam of the university.
Mysore University Fee Structure for UG Programs:
|Courses||1st year Fees |
|BA LLB||Rs. 29,700|
Post Graduate Programs:
PG Programs with Specializations:
|M.Sc||Applied Geology/ Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Food Science and Nutrition/ Geology/ Geographical Information System/ Information Technology/ Mathematics/ Organic Chemistry/ Psychology/ Statistics/ Animation/ Sugar Technology/ Computer Science/ Anthropology/ Biochemistry/ Botany/ Environmental Science/ Genetics/ Geography/ Human Development/ Molecular Biology/ Microbiology/ Physics/ Sericulture and Seri Biotechnology/ Zoology/ Polymer Science/ Electronics/ Technology|
|MA||Ancient History and Archaeology/ Christianity/ Journalism and Mass Communication/ Development Studies/ English/ Hindi/ Jainology and Prakrit/ Linguistics/ Political Science/ Peace and Conflict Resolution/ Sanskrit/ South Indian Studies/ West Asian Studies/ Ambedkar Studies/ Anthropology/ Comparative Literature and Translation Studies/ Co-operative Management/ Economics/ Folklore/ History/ Kannada/ Philosophy/ Public Administration/ Rural Development/ Sociology/ Urdu/ Women’s Studies|
|M.Tech||Urban and Regional Planning/ Material Science |
|MBA||Finance/ Marketing/ Human Resources/ Operations/ Agri-Business |
|M.Com||Regular/ Financial Services|
|LLM||Constitutional Law/ International Law/ Business and Trade Law|
Other PG Programs:
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility for Post Graduate Programs:
Candidates applying for admission to Master’s Degree or Postgraduate diploma courses must hold a bachelor’s degree in the required field. They should obtain a minimum score of 50% wherein there is a 5% relaxation for reserved candidates.
Mysore University Fee Structure for PG Programs:
|Courses ||1st Year Fees|
Ph.D Specializations Offered:
|Agri-Business Management||Jainology and Prakrit|
|Ancient History and Archaeology||Chemistry|
Library and Information Science
|Management/ Business Administration||Communication and Journalism|
|Material Science||Computer Science|
|Public Administration||Earth Science|
|Sericulture Science||Electronic Media|
|South Indian Studies||Speech and Hearing|
|Food Science||Speech Audiology|
|Speech-Language Pathology||Food Science and Nutrition|
|Tourism and Administration||Geographical Information Science|
|Urban and Regional Planning||Food Technology|
|West Asian Studies||History|
|Women Studies||Human Development|
Duration: 3 Years
Candidates applying for a Ph.D at the University of Mysore must have a Masters Degree or equivalent from a recognized university.
They must have scored the minimum score of 55% marks or equivalent CGPA. Reserved candidates get a 5% relaxation on the minimum cutoff score.
Apart from the minimum cutoff, general candidates should pass the entrance examination with at least 55 marks out of 100. For reserved candidates, it's 50 marks.
University of Mysore Admission:
Application forms will be released by the university on its official website for multiple programs conducted by it.
For few of the courses, candidates can seek admissions through their 12th standard or graduation scores, or through the entrance exams conducted by the specific departments.
The University of Mysore results for the entrance examination will be declared online. Following are the admission criteria for all the courses offered:
- For admissions to B.Arch and B.Plan courses, candidates must have a valid NATA score.
- Admissions to LLB programs are completely based on merit.
- B.P.Ed admissions is completely based on merit but candidates also have to pass a Physical Efficiency Test conducted by the University.
- University of Mysore course admission for PG programs such as M.Tech, MA, M.Sc, M.P.Ed, M.Ed, M.Li.I.Sc, MSW, M.Com, and LLM is offered based on the PG Entrance Exams (PGEE) conducted by Mysore University.
- The University of Mysore Admission to MCA, M.Tech, and MBA courses are offered based on the guidelines issued by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
- University of Mysore course admission for the M.Phil and PhD program is also based on the entrance exams conducted by the university.
- The university accepts CSIR NET/ UGC NET/ GATE/ JRF/ or other equivalent entrance exam scores for admissions into research programs at the university.
University of Mysore Scholarships:
The students are eligible for multiple scholarships awarded by both the state and the central government.
Apart from the scholarships awarded by the government, the University of Mysore Course Admissions offers a range of scholarships for meritorious, skilled, sports, and financially weak students.
- The University of Mysore offers sports scholarships to national and state-level players.
- It offers academic scholarships for the meritorious candidates in specific courses.
- The candidates belonging to minority caste groups are also eligible for Mysore University Scholarships.
- University also offers single girl child scholarships for female candidates.
- Scholarships are also provided for the children of the parents who are defence personnel, political sufferers, and persons with various physical disabilities.
- The Mysore university also offers Endowment scholarships to students based on their economic background.
Karnataka State Scholarship Portal (SSP) - Post-Matric Scholarship:
- Social Welfare Department - SC Category
- Tribal Welfare Department - ST Category
- Technical Education Department - SC/ ST Category
- Medical Education Department - SC/ ST Category
- Karnataka State Brahmin Development Board - Brahmin Category
State Scholarship Program (SSP) Offering Departments:
- Social Welfare Department
- Tribal Welfare Department
- AYUSH Department
- Medical Education Department
- Minorities Welfare Department
- Technical Education Department
- Karnataka State Brahmin Development Board
- Department of Disability Welfare
- Department of Backward Classes Welfare
University of Mysore Placements:
The Mysore University has the Centre for Proficiency Development and Placement Services (CPDPS) that facilitates students to develop their talents and their competency.
The CPDPS trains the students with the necessary training even before University of Mysore Results are declared.
It focuses on nurturing the overall proficiency and the employability levels of the students for them to scale up to the National and International standards.
Mysore University ensures the skills for various competencies as a part of the curriculum in higher education that is based on globalization and knowledge expansion.
The centre was launched with a focus on “Vision 2025 – University of Mysore” that was released in May 2010 by H R Bharadwaj, Governor of Karnataka and Chancellor of UOM.
The University of Mysore campus offers hostel or residential facilities for the applying candidates.
The residential facilities at Mysore University are considered to offer multiple facilities necessary for the students away from home.
The university offers comfortable, safe, and separate facilities for both boys and girls with security facilities. The university also provides decent mess facilities for the UG, PG, and PhD students.
|Student Welfare||University Computer Centre|
|Sports (Physical Education)||UGC-CSIR (NET) Coaching Centre|
|International Centre||Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)|
|SC/ST Cell||NCC/ NSS|
|College Development Council (CDC)||Administrative Office|
|Dr S. Radhakrishnan Centre for Philosophy and Indian Culture||Committee for Development of Science in Schools (CDSS)|
|Students Employment Information Guidance Bureau||University Engineering Division|
|University Horticulture Department||Folklore Museum|
|Health Centre||Day Care Centre|
|Institutional Human Ethics Committee||Institutional Biosafety Committee|
|Sensitization to Prevention of and Redressal for Sexual Harassment in the University (SPARSH)||Multimedia Learning Resource Creation Centre (MLRCC)- UPE Scheme of UGC|
University of Mysore Rankings:
1) NIRF Ranking 2020 by MHRD, Government of India:
- The University of Mysore has secured 27th position in India.
- 1st Position in Karnataka
- 47th Position as per the overall assessment criteria
2) QS BRICS ranked the University as 301-350 among the Asian Universities.
Affiliated colleges under University Of Mysore
- Yes, the University of Mysore is accredited by NAAC.
- Mysore University has been ranked 27th Position in India and 1st in Karnataka by NIRF 2020.
- Yes, the university has been recognized by the Government of India as an institute of Excellence in 2008.
- The personalities who served or contributed to the University are: a) Dr Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan b) K V Puttappa (Kuvempu)
- The University of Mysore Results are declared on the official website of the institute.
- The University offers both state and central scholarship facilities for the eligible and desired candidates.
- The application fee for various PG courses is Rs. 400 and for Ph.D courses are Rs. 2000.
- The university offers a PhD program for 3 years.
- Candidates applying for PG programs have to complete a bachelor’s degree. They must have obtained a minimum of 50%, wherein 5% relaxation is there for reserved candidates.