Students Coming from Punjab to Bangalore
Bangalore, continuously fulfilling each and every desire of all, has also succeeded in posing itself as one of the best educational hubs in India. People from all parts of the world can be found in the esteemed and renowned colleges and universities.
What distinguishes Bangalore from any other formal establishment in India is its hardcore presence of the best government, as well as private institutions. Bangalore has any kind of discipline and course that students could wish for.
Students from Punjab:
Bangalore is famous not only in India but also in the whole world for being one of the successful IT hubs. Its numerous lists of the best colleges, universities, and research institutes make the place accessible and the most chosen one.
Punjab is one of the most flourishing states of Northern India that also borders the mostly debated state of Jammu & Kashmir. As per the 2011 census, Punjab is gradually streaming to be a major educational icon in India. The literacy rates of Punjab are as follows:
|Overall Literacy Rate||75.84%|
|Male Literacy Rate||80.44%|
|Female Literacy Rate||70.73%|
The present culture demands everyone to be competitive enough in their desired fields, due to which students are pursuing their courses in the best colleges and universities. Students from Punjab can be seen in Bangalore and other metropolitan cities. Being a major victim of India’s independence, Punjab has witnessed a lot of challenges. In spite of those atrocities in the social, economic, and educational sector, Punjab has outgrown itself into a self-sufficient and independent state. But there are some factors which compel people from Punjab to flock to different parts of the country. Some of them are:
- Infrastructure facilities
- Student-teacher ratio
- Lack of adequate financial support
- Lack of employment opportunities
- Lack of qualified teachers
These points mentioned above are some of the most common reasons to find Punjabi students in Bangalore.
Transportation from Punjab to Bangalore?
Students can find various transportation facilities through the air, road, and railways. However, it is preferable to travel through railways or air because the road journey takes a long time.
One can travel from Punjab to Bangalore through the air. However, they need to board the flight either from Amritsar or Chandigarh, which seems to be more convenient.
One can also take a train from Punjab to Bangalore. There are multiple trains that help to reach the destination.
- Trains from Ludhiana to Bangalore:
- There are approximately 50 trains that connect Ludhiana and Bangalore.
- Trains from Amritsar to Bangalore
- Amritsar and Bangalore can be easily linked through the train connectivity without any hassle.
- Trains from Chandigarh to Bangalore
- There are two trains from Chandigarh to Bangalore:
- Yesvantpur Junction S Kranti Express (22686)
- Chandigarh Yesvantpur Jn S F Special (02686)
Even Bangalore to Punjab transportation facilities is affordable and convenient.
Why do Students from Punjab go to Bangalore for Higher Studies?
Bangalore is an epitome of knowledge and professional skills. Recognized as the IT hub of India, Silicon Valley of India, or the Garden City of India, Bangalore has a lot to offer in the academic platform. As per the All India Survey of Higher Education, the gross enrollment ratio of Punjabi students in Higher Education is 20.0%. So, this percentage of the population takes the initiative to move forward and get admitted to the best colleges and universities in Bangalore.
Let us check some of the perspectives with which students come to Bangalore:
Professional outlook: Bangalore showcases the best training facilities and knowledge in all of the courses like engineering, medical, arts, commerce, fashion designing, and many more. The main reason for students opting for higher education is their zeal to create an identity of their own in society. It can be done only with the help of their knowledge and skill. Moreover, Bangalore also offers the best placements in universities within the top multinational companies and industries.
Multicultural: As mentioned above, Bangalore is the center of learning. So, students from different parts of the world come to Bangalore and give their best to acquire knowledge from the top educators. As a result, Bangalore has evolved into a multicultural society. It gives a sense of collaboration and allows students to exchange their cultural thought processes.
Transportation facilities: Transportation facilities within the city are highly convenient. They have metros, auto-rickshaws, and buses to commute from one place to another. Moreover, the Uber, Ola, and Bounce facilities have given passengers easy access to reach destined locations.
Punjabi Community in Bangalore:
Punjabi students in Bangalore have their own welfare associations. The city has several organizations like:
- Punjabi Welfare Association
- Punjabi Sabha
- Karnataka Punjabi Association
- All Punjabi Welfare Association
- Bangalore Sindhi Punjabi Association
These associations give them a sense of togetherness and oneness in an unknown land. It is through these associations that they maintain and pass on their rich cultural heritage.
Students can easily find accommodation facilities near their universities and colleges. Paying guests (PGs), and rented houses are affordable, safe, as well as easily commutable. Even though sometimes the security deposit amount may be high, the monthly rent is quite decent. Two to three people can easily share rooms to make it more affordable.
Being a modern city, Bangalore is the home to the world's finest cuisines. This feature of the city makes it easy for students coming from different parts of the country or world to adjust to eating patterns easily. Punjabis can find solace by enjoying the best delicacies of their land, and Bangalore serves some of the best Punjabi restaurants within the city. Some of the popular Punjabi restaurants in Bangalore are as follows:
- Chulha Chauki Da Dhaba
- The Punjabi Rasoi
- New Punjabi Restaurant
- Have More Punjabi Restaurant
- Punjab Bistro
- New Punjabi Food Corner
Opportunities for Punjabis in Bangalore
Career opportunities for Punjabi students in Bangalore are enormous. Each and every one of us opts for higher studies only because we want to see ourselves carve a career out of it. So there are multiple education opportunities in Bangalore for Punjabi students. Some of the fields where students can aspire to pursue their higher studies are:
- Arts and Aesthetics
- Fashion Designing
- Language classes
- MBA and many more
Most of the Punjabi students in Bangalore pursue professional courses and get themselves migrated to other parts of the world to build a career of their own.
Major Attractions in Bangalore:
Apart from the educational plethora, Bangalore also offers a number of destinations where one can relax and enjoy the beauty of nature. Some of them are listed below:
- Gurudwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha: It is one of the top attractions in Bangalore where Punjabi people can visit. Situated in Ulsoor, it is one of the best places in the city of Bangalore to find peace. They serve langars on a regular basis and also offer various Sikh programs for children to make them understand their religion.
- Bangalore Palace: The Bangalore Palace is one of the most famous places in the city. It is also open for the public to visit the beautiful royal palace on weekdays.
- The National Gallery of Modern Art: People who are art-lovers can visit this place to admire the ecstatic paintings and carvings of the artists.
- Tipu Sultan’s Palace and Fort: This is situated inside the Bangalore Fort and is motivated by the Indo-Islamic culture.
- Krishna Rajendra Market: This local market is a treasure for people who love spices, copper items, and photography. Everything is available in this one-stop destination.
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden: It got its name from the blooming red roses that grow throughout the year. It is a Mughal style garden that was built for the Mughal royals.
- Ulsoor Lake: Situated in M.G.Road, the Ulsoor lake offers a beautiful view of the water body that provides a sense of relaxation through the boating facilities. It also has a walking track where people can stroll and enjoy the beauty of nature.
Companies that come for Placements in Bangalore Colleges:
Listed below are some of the top companies that come in the various colleges and universities for placements:
- Tech Mahindra
- Flipkart and many more
Multi-national companies like these attract students from different parts of the country to make themselves highly educated and skilled. These portray to be the best opportunities to settle in any part of the world without any hassles. The colleges in Bangalore can be considered as a medium to uplift, develop, and allow students to flourish in their desired fields of interest.
Interested? come let’s start...
So start your journey towards a bright future we provide you the opportunity to move ahead!