Students Coming from Arunachal Pradesh
The Government of India, after independence, has brought several policies to uplift the status of the North-Eastern region. These states, commonly known as the ‘seven sisters’ of India (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura), along with one brother (Sikkim), have been trying to improve the educational status in their respective states.
The significance and demand for Higher Education in the North-Eastern States are growing day by day, which can be seen through the increasing literacy rates in the states.
The need for higher education is a must in today’s contemporary times, where students are longing to upgrade themselves with the facilities being provided to them. In certain cases, these facilities do not seem to be sufficient for which they decide to migrate to different parts of the country.
Students from Arunachal Pradesh:
The historical background of education in Arunachal Pradesh is similar to that of the Indian system of education. This uniform system of education proceeds from Primary education to Secondary Education and then finally to Higher Education. Interestingly, the literacy rate in the state of Arunachal Pradesh has risen from 54.34% (2001 census) to 65.38% (2011 census). Let us understand its diversification in terms of the education system:
- Elementary Education: The system of elementary education in Arunachal Pradesh offers schooling from classes I to V, whereas the middle classes include classes from VI to VIII.
- Secondary Education: This category of schooling ranges from class IX to XII, wherein students can choose their stream of learning (arts, science, and commerce).
- Higher Education: There are a number of higher educational institutes where students get a high-quality education.
In terms of higher education, the state offers a total of 8 universities (1 central, 1 deemed, and 6 state varsities). Thus, the education system in Arunachal Pradesh needs to improve the institutions that are already sustaining with difficulty.
Why Should Students from Arunachal Pradesh Study in Bangalore?
Education is a pillar that shapes the nation. India, which has been trying to fulfill the goal of 100% literacy rate, is fighting with zeal and vigour to improve the education system. Free compulsory education until the age of 14 was imparted to provide elementary education to students. The New National Education Policy is also aimed towards achieving all the educational goals of the nation.
Arunachal Pradesh, known as the ‘rising sun of the east’, is gradually improving the status of education. However, there are some factors in which the state lags behind due to which students move to Bangalore to pursue higher education. As the present educational statistics of Arunachal Pradesh show literacy rates to be only 65.4%, the shift to megacities like Bangalore seems appropriate. Some of the facts which prove that Bangalore is the education hub of India are listed below. Let us state them one by one:
- Surveys on educational status in Arunachal Pradesh, which have already been mentioned before, are gradually improving with the pace of time. But the number of institutions for higher education is comparatively less than Bangalore. It is the main reason for students flocking to metropolitan cities in search of better educational facilities.
- According to the All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) conducted by the Ministry for Human Resource Development (MHRD) for the year 2017-18, Bangalore tops the survey for having the most number of higher education institutions.
- Many top companies and industries conduct campus placements in colleges and universities of Bangalore.
- More than 5000 foreign nationals come every year to pursue professional courses in the highly reputed institutions in Bangalore that give the best placement facilities.
- The best colleges and universities are present for every course like MBA, MCA, engineering, medical, fashion designing, law, and many more.
The educational administration structure in Bangalore has the backing of both the state and central governments. MHRD helps to bring a balance between the socio-economic factors in the education sector. Thus it works specifically through two departments, namely the Department of Higher Education and the Department of School Education and Literacy.
Travelling from Arunachal Pradesh to Bangalore:
Arunachal Pradesh got its first train station in the year 2013, and it is named as Naharlagun Railway Station. It is located 10 km away from Itanagar. That is why traveling on trains becomes a matter of concern to this region. But there are nearby stations from where one can board a train to Bangalore. One can travel from Itanagar to Gohpur in a taxi and then take the Nhln Ghy Ic Express from Gohpur to Guwahati. From Guwahati, it is very easy to take trains to Bangalore.
|Name of the Train & Duration||Departure Timing||Arrival Timing|
|NTSK SBC Express 15902 (2d 6h 25min)||5:25 (morning)||11:50 (morning)|
|NTSK SBC Express 22502 (2d 6h 7min)||5:23 (morning)||11:30 (morning)|
|KYQ BNC Humsafar 12504 (2d 1h 40min)||19:35 (evening)||21:15 (night)|
|GHY BNC Express 12510 (2d 5h 20min)||6:20 (morning)||11:40 (morning)|
Arunachal Pradesh does not have an airport. But if one wishes to travel through flight, one will have to board from Lilabari Airport, which is 57 km from Itanagar. People can also travel from Itanagar to Guwahati by train and then book a flight to Bangalore.
Transportation from Bangalore to Arunachal Pradesh:
Because of improper connectivity in the state of Arunachal Pradesh, the break journey seems to be the way to enter the state. Buses, trains, and flights combined will help a person to travel from one station to the other.
There are no direct trains that connect Arunachal Pradesh with Bangalore. However, if one wishes to go to Arunachal Pradesh, one will have to board the train in Bangalore and reach Guwahati. From Guwahati, one will have to take a train to Harmuti Railway station, which is 43 km away from the state capital Itanagar.
Some of the major trains from Bangalore to Guwahati are listed below:
|Agtl Humsafar (12503)||10:15 AM (day 1)||13:55 PM (day 3) (arrives in Guwahati)|
|Yprkyq AC Express (12551)||8:30 AM (day 1)||11:54 AM (day 3) (arrives in Rangiya)|
|New Tinsukia Express (22501)||3:10 AM (day 1)||8:45 AM (day 3) (arrives in Guwahati)|
Trains to be taken from Guwahati and Rangiya to reach Harmuti:
|Shatabdi Express (12088)||15:20 PM (day 3)||21:03 PM (day 3) (arrives in Harmuti)|
|Shatabdi Express (12088)||16:35 PM (day 3) *||21:03 PM (day 3) (arrives in Harmuti)|
|Shatabdi Express (12088)||15:20 PM (day 3)||21:03 PM (day 3) (arrives in Harmuti)|
* departs from Rangiya Railway station
As there are no direct flights from Bangalore to Arunachal Pradesh, one has the following options to choose from:
- One can book a flight from Bangalore to Guwahati through airlines like IndiGo, AirAsia, SpiceJet, Vistara, etc. From Guwahati, they can take a train to reach Harmuti (43 km from Itanagar).
- One can book a flight from Bangalore to Guwahati and then take the helicopter service from Guwahati to Tawang that operates only on Mondays and Fridays. The helicopter leaves Guwahati at 10:10 AM and reaches Tawang at 11:20 AM.
Any kind of accommodation is easy to find in Bangalore since migrants are expected to arrive almost every day in the city. The city is filled with many PGs, hostels, and hotels. People also have the option to choose from different types of rooms provided by the accommodation services. Moreover, many accommodation services are budget-friendly and do not burn a hole in your pockets.
There are multiple food outlets in Bangalore that serve north-eastern food. People from Arunachal Pradesh will love the fact that there are some food joints that serve delicacies from their state. Some of the best restaurants serving authentic tribal delicacies are as follows:
- Somilan Steak House
- Gams Delicacy
- Mizo Kitchen
- Pataka Mannar’s
- Axomi-Taste of Assam
- Tanang Restaurant
- Tomba Kitchens
- Chaubala Curry and Rice
- Smokey Tribe Restaurant
- Mizo dawr and many more
Major Attractions in Bangalore:
The city of Bangalore is the capital of Karnataka, which is famous for its heritage destinations. The major tourist attractions of Bangalore city that should never be missed are:
- Venkatappa Art Gallery: This art gallery exhibits more than 600 paintings that are portrayed from all over the world. It displays pottery and clay artifacts as well. Famous paintings from artists and painters like M.Hussain, Rekha Rao, Vasudev, N.S.Bendre and more are featured in this esteemed gallery.
- Bannerghatta National Park: This is one of the famous tourist spots for most of the animal and nature lovers. It provides a natural habitat for animals like elephants, leopards, jackals, sloth bears, spotted deer, and many more. The flora is also quite abundant in this area.
- Gavi Gangadhareshwara Temple: This is also known as the Gavipuram Cave Temple. It is one of the classic examples of Indian rock-cut architecture. This temple is famous for its stone discs.
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden: This botanical garden is one of the natural spots in the city of Gardens. It offers lush greenery throughout the park and is also famous for the roses that are grown there.
- Bangalore Palace: As an example of the ancient period of the state of Karnataka, Bangalore Palace holds a firm place. With the presence of audio guides nowadays, it is very easy for visitors to delve deep into the royalty of the palace.
Top Companies in Bangalore:
Bangalore, known as the IT hub of India, is home to the top multinational companies and industries. It is one of the main reasons for students to be attracted to this massive and opportunity-filled city. Given below are some of the core companies that are located in Bangalore
- Accenture Services Pvt Ltd
- Apple India Pvt Ltd
- Dell International Services India Pvt Ltd
- IBM India Pvt Ltd
- Tech Mahindra
- SAP Labs
- American Express
- Mahindra and Mahindra Financial Services
Opportunities in Bangalore:
Exploring a new place even gets better if one decides to live and study in that place or region. A lot more time can be invested in finding out the different ways to settle in life. As accommodation facilities in the city of Bangalore are excellent, students have nothing to fear. With the safety and security of the North-Eastern people in mind, Bangalore city unveils a number of opportunities for the meritorious ones to cross all hurdles and come out with flying colors.
The paradigm shift of educational development in Bangalore always fills the empty spaces in the educational experience of the students. The North-eastern states need to give attention to certain areas. However, Bangalore is the best source that helps to transform as well provide some of the basic amenities as of now. The city is never known to fail the students who reach out to the esteemed colleges and universities for higher studies.
Interested? come let’s start...
So start your journey towards a bright future we provide you the opportunity to move ahead!