NIMCET Exam Date
August 7th, 2021
Name of the Examination
National Institute of Technology MCA Common Entrance Test
National Institute Of Technology, Raipur
Frequency of the Exam
Once a Year
National Level Exam
What is NIMCET?
National Institute of Technology MCA Common Entrance Test is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the National Institute Of Technology (NIT), Raipur. The exam is conducted once a year.
- NIMCET Exam Details
- NIMCET Exam Dates
- NIMCET Registration
- Exam Centres
- NIMCET Syllabus and Books
- Exam Pattern
- Preparation Tips
- Admit Card
- NIMCET Eligibility
NIMCET exam makes candidates eligible for the Masters of Computer Applications (MCA) program offered at 11 colleges across India. Here is a list of NIMCET Colleges:
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Agartala
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), Allahabad
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Calicut
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Jamshedpur
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Kurukshetra
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT), Bhopal
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Patna
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Raipur
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Surathkal
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal
NIMCET 2021 was scheduled to be conducted on August 7th, 2021.
The NIMCET registration process began on March 11th, 2021, and ended on April 7th, 2021.
Aspirants applying for the exam should have completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field from a recognized university. They must have scored a minimum of 60% in the exam.
NIMCET Exam Details:
|NIMCET Registration Mode||Online|
|Exam Mode ||Offline|
|NIMCET 2021 Exam Duration ||2 Hours|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
NIMCET 2021 Exam Dates:
|Events ||Dates |
|Notification Date||March 6th, 2021|
|Beginning of NIMCET Registration||March 11th, 2021 (10:00 AM)|
|End of Registration||April 7th, 2021 (Upto 5:00 PM)|
|Admit Cards||June, 2021|
|NIMCET Exam Date 2021 ||August 7th, 2021|
|NIMCET Results 2021 ||To be Announced|
|Choice Filling Process||To be Announced|
|First Round of Allotment||To be Announced|
|Second Round of Allotment||To be Announced|
|Third Round of Allotment||To be Announced|
|Announcement of Vacant Seats||To be Announced|
|Beginning of Fresh Choice Filling||To be Announced|
|Last Date For Filling Fresh Choices||To be Announced|
|Final Round of Seat allotment||To be Announced|
Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to register for the NIMCET exam 2021:
Step 1: Visit the official website of NIMCET.
Step 2: Fill in all the primary and mandatory fields, such as name, email ID, Phone number, and answer the security question.
Step 3: Candidates have to reconfirm their data and click on the submit button.
Step 4: A mail will be sent to the registered email address. Candidates must click on "Confirm my account" and reset the password.
How to fill up the NIMCET Application Form?
Step 1: Visit the official website of NIMCET 2021.
Step 2: Aspirants need to log in using their credentials such as email ID and password.
Step 3: After logging in, they need to click on the NIMCET Application Form and add their personal and educational details.
Step 4: Candidates have to select 3 preferred exam centers. They must review and confirm their choices and details before submitting the form.
Step 5: Aspirants need to upload attested scanned copies of all the required educational and identification documents on the website.
Step 6: Review and confirm all the details and proceed to the payment of the application fees through debit/ credit card or Net banking.
Step 7: Aspirants must take a printout of the payment confirmation for future reference.
|Category||Application Fees (In Rs.)|
|SC/ ST/ Reserved||1,100|
The following self-attested documents will be required to fill up the NIMCET application form and further processes:
NIMCET Exam Centres:
The exam will be conducted in 21 Centers across India. Here is a list of the same:
NIMCET Syllabus and Books:
|Probability and Statistics||Calculus|
Books for Mathematics:
|Arithmetic for Competitive Examinations||Jain & Sharma|
|Arihant MCA Entrance Test||Amit M. Agarwal|
B) Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning:
|Logical Judgements||Rational Analytics|
|General Facts||Objective Reasoning|
Books for Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning:
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||A. K. Gupta|
|Non Verbal Reasoning||B.S. Sijwali & Indu Sijwali|
C) General English:
|Words and Phrases||Fundamentals of Grammar|
|Synonyms and Antonyms||Word Power|
|Technical Writing||Language Concepts|
Books for General English:
|Test of English Language||RPH Editorial Board|
|General English||Abul Hashem|
D) Computer Awareness:
|Fundamentals of Computer||Data Representation|
Books for Computer Awareness:
|Objective Computer Awareness||Ramesh|
|Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams||Soumya Ranjan Behera|
Additional Reference Books for NIMCET Exam
|Quantitative Aptitude||Rita Mishra|
|All about Reasoning (Verbal)||Anjani A Gupta|
|Advance General English||H.S. Bhatia|
NIMCET Exam Pattern:
|Number of Sections||4|
|Division of Questions|
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: 40
General English: 20
Computer Awareness: 10
+4 for Every Right Answer
-1 for Every Wrong Answer
0 for Unattempted Questions
|Question Type||Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs)|
NIMCET Preparation Tips:
Candidates can follow these tips while preparing for the exam:
- Tame a Study Routine: Candidates need to schedule a minimum of 10 hours of study per day. Any disruptions in the study time should be valued for compensation.
Only a strict study schedule will help one ace the NIMCET syllabus.
- Solve Mocks to Become a Master: Solving mocks in regular intervals will let candidates get a hold of the exam pattern and improve time management skills. They will understand the topics that need more attention and improvement.
- Don't Stick to One Study Material: Refer to multiple study materials to get a proper hold of the NIMCET syllabus. It gives the applicants a more comprehensive understanding of the subject.
- Good Health Leads to Success: Candidates may overlook their health or mental stress, which can be harmful. Taking necessary breaks and consuming healthy food while preparing for the NIMCET exam will not only help in maintaining a healthy body but also improves focus and concentration.
NIMCET Admit Card:
Candidates can download the admit card by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of NIMCET 2021.
Step 2: Log in to the website using your credentials like ID and password.
Step 3: Confirm all the details on the admit card.
Step 4: Download and take a printout of the same for future reference.
Get in touch with the NIMCET 2021 office immediately if any errors need rectification through their official email ID.
Results can be viewed by following the steps below:
Step 1: Go to the official website of NIMCET 2021.
Step 2: Log in using valid credentials such as email ID and password.
Step 3: Go to the results section, and the scorecard will be displayed on the screen.
Step 4: View and print the results for future reference.
The cut-offs will be released by NIT Raipur on the official website of NIMCET. Candidates need to secure more than the cut-off to qualify for the counselling process.
Deciding Factors for NIMCET Cut-off:
- Total number of candidates who appeared in the examination
- Total number of Seats
- Total numbers of candidates qualifying for the exam
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Reservation Norms
Candidates who have qualified by securing the minimum percentage marks in NIMCET can participate in the counselling process to get admission in the Masters of Computer Applications (MCA) program offered by NIMCET colleges.
- Counselling will be conducted in 3 rounds.
- The entire counselling process will take place online.
- If there are any vacant seats available after the third round, a final counselling session will be conducted to admit students in the NIMCET colleges.
- Before signing up for the NIMCET counselling session, candidates must go through the information bulletin.
- All the information and announcements regarding the counselling rounds and allotment will be published on the official website.
Eligible candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps for NIMCET counselling:
Step 1: Counselling Registration
Candidates must register themselves for NIMCET Counselling 2021 on the official website of NIMCET. They must submit their order of preference for the NIT institutes and confirm all the data.
Step 2: Seat Allotment Criteria
Students need to pay the counselling fee of Rs. 1000 for the counselling session. Applicants will be shortlisted and called for the counselling session. Counselling is held in the form of seat allotment based on the ranking, choice of the institute, and the category of the candidate.
Step 3: Counselling Process:
The counselling process depends on the number of eligible candidates. If the allotments are filled after the first and second round, the counselling closes. If the seats are left, a final counselling session is conducted.
Step 4: Seat Allotment:
Candidates that accepted the seat allotment provided in the first and second round will have to report to the institute.
If they fail to report at the institute their name will be deleted from the counselling list for the subsequent counselling rounds.
Documents Required for Remote Reporting at the Institute:
- Passport Size Photographs
- Marksheet of 10th class
- Marksheet of 10+2 Level & Original Certificate.
- Marksheet of Bachelor's degree
- NIMCET 2021 Admit Card
- NIMCET Score Card
- Initial Fee Payment Receipt
- Valid ID Proof
- Medical Certificate
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
NIMCET Colleges Seat Acceptance List:
|NIMCET Colleges||Total Seat Accepted|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT), Agartala||30|
|Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), Allahabad||116|
|Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT), Bhopal||115|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT), Calicut ||58|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT), Jamshedpur||115|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT), Kurukshetra ||64|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT), Kurukshetra (Self- financing)||32|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT), Patna||40|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT), Patna (Self- financing)||40|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT), Raipur||110|
|National Institute of Technology (NITK), Surathkal ||58|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli||115|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal||58|
- How can I go about the NIMCET registration process?
- Visit the official website of NIMCET 2021 and register.
- What is the mode of the NIMCET Exam?
- NIMCET is an offline examination.
- For which course is the NIMCET Exam conducted?
- NIMCET Exam is conducted for Masters of Computer Applications (MCA).
- What is the counselling fee for the NIMCET exam?
- Candidates have to pay NIMCET fees of Rs. 1,000 for the counselling process.
- What is the marking scheme for NIMCET 2021?
- Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for every right answer and 1 mark will be dedicated for every wrong answer.
- Will the counselling be offline?
- All the NIMCET counselling sessions will be conducted only through online mode.
- How many institutes can I consider studying if I pursue the NIMCET Exam?
- Candidates can study in any of the 11 NITs across India.
- What are the tie-breaking conditions?
- If 2 or more candidates secure the same score in the NIMCET exam. NIT follows the below criteria to decide the rank:
1) The candidate who scored more marks than others in mathematics will be ranked higher.
2) The candidate who scores more in Analytical Ability & Logical reasoning will be ranked higher.
3) The candidate who scored more in computer awareness will be ranked higher.
4) If the tie isn't broken after following the above criteria, age is taken under consideration. The older candidate will be ranked higher.
- What is the application fee for the NIMCET Exam?
- The application fee is Rs. 2,200/- for unreserved category and Rs. 1,100/- for reserved category.
- How many admissions are accepted from the NIMCET Exam?
- Candidates are admitted in 951 seats across 11 NITs all over India. Here is the table based on the category:
|Category||Seats Accepted Across NITs|
Aspirants have to meet the following NIMCET eligibility criteria to apply for the exam:
- Candidates must have graduated with a full-time degree in the below courses from a recognized university with computer science and mathematics as core subjects:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) (Hons.)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT)
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E)
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
- They must have scored a minimum aggregate score as per the below table:
|Category||Minimum Aggregate Percentage|
|Category||Minimum Aggregate CGPA|
- Aspirants appearing in the qualifying exam of their final year of Bachelor's degree are also eligible to write the exam. However, they must submit their certificate of graduation before September 15th, 2021.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- There is no specified age limit for NIMCET eligibility.
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts for the NIMCET exam.