School of Health Sciences, Garden City University
16th KM, Old Madras Road, Bangalore- 560 049
University Grants Commission (UGC)
School of Health Sciences, Garden City University comprises of the Department of Physiotherapy. The college provides an excellent education in physiotherapy with specialization in research and clinical practices.
The aim of the college is to create a health-care professional who contributes to health and well-being globally through the discovery of new knowledge and creativity. The college offers excellent facilities for both electro and physiotherapies. Apart from these, the college provides excellent infrastructural facilities of Anatomy and Physiological labs.
The college has a tie-up with NABH (National Accreditation Board of Hospital and Health) accredited hospitals such as Narayana Multi-Speciality Hospital, Columbia Asia etc. to provide the students with knowledge related to the palliative care to the treating patients.
**Scholarships subject to the central/state government and college rules.
School of Health Sciences, Garden City University provides the students with excellent facilities and accomplished teaching staff. The facilities provided by the college are as follows:
- Infrastructure: The infrastructure of the college has well-dedicated labs for Exercise Therapy, Electrotherapy, Physiology, Anatomy Labs, etc. for the students for their practicals.
- Sports: The college has sports facilities that the students can use for their overall growth and development.
- Faculty: The faculty members of the college are dedicated to their work and supports the students and provides them with hands-on training.
- Collaboration: The college has collaboration with the NABH (National Accreditation Board of Hospital and Health) accredited hospitals such as Narayana Multi-Speciality Hospital, Columbia Asia etc. for students to gain practical knowledge.
The students of School of Health Sciences, Garden City University can become after graduation:
- Sport Physiotherapist
- Medical Laboratory Technician
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Medical Laboratory Technician
Bachelor of Physiotherapy, Master of Physiotherapy, and Ph.D. in Physiotherapy.
Candidates should have obtained a BPT Degree pass from any recognized university established by law in India.
The average salary for a BPT Graduate is between Rs. 4,00,000 to 7,00,000 per annum.
Musculoskeletal disorders, which means, disorders regarding muscle and bones are treated by physiotherapy, while Physiology focuses on increasing metabolism and vigor as the course of treatment along with rehabilitation.
Physiotherapists are well respected in society because of their healing abilities to recuperate patients in the most skillful way possible. It is a career that is in high demand in both the private and public sectors, upcoming especially in the sports industry, and hence it is a highly rewarding career.
No, it is not the same as an MBBS degree.