Basaveshwara Medical College and Hospital
SJM Campus, NH4 Bypass, Chitradurga, Karnataka - 577502
National Medical Commission (NMC)
The Basaveshwara Medical College and Hospital (BMCH) was established in the year 2001-2002 at Chitradurga. The college was started by Sri Jagadguru Murugharajendra Vidyapeetha (SJM Vidyapeetha). The college offers an Undergraduate (MBBS) and Postgraduate (MD and MS) programs under various specializations. The main aim of the institute is to provide medical education to the un-reached, backward, and underdeveloped regions of Chitradurga. The college and the hospital were established with an intention to provide the best teaching and academic facilities to its students and committed health professionals to serve the health care of the society.
Basaveshwara Medical College and Hospital is the only college functioning institute in the entire district of Chitradurga. BMCH is currently a full-fledged institute that has the best physical and human infrastructure as mentioned by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Students from all parts of the country visit the institute and are undergoing medical education that is imposed on a spiritual and moral base. The college has well-designed buildings for teaching, administration, and hospital. It has a rich logistic infrastructure that ensures the best teaching and learning environment. The institute has some of the best and highly motivated teaching faculty who ensure to provide the top educational guidance for the students.
- Junior Doctors
- Teacher or Professor
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Doctorate of Medicine (MD) in Dermatology Venereology and Leprosy (DLV)
- The institute is located in Chitradurga, Karnataka.
- Yes, Basaveshwara Medical College is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Yes, Basaveshwara Medical College is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- The seat intake for MBBS at BMCH is 100 students.
- The college facilitates Anatomy Museum, Anatomy Histology Lab, Dissection Theatre, Forensic Museum, Pathology Demonstration Room, Pathology Museum, Pharmacology Lab, Central Library & Information Centre, Auditorium, Health Care Society, Transportation, Sports Facilities and Hostel Facilities for both boys and girls.
- There are totally 9 MD and MS courses offered by the institute in which 7 are MD courses and 2 are MS courses.