Para Medical Board
Para Medical Board, Lakshmi Complex, First Floor, # 5, New No.40/ 20 A, Opp Vani Vilas Hospital, Bangalore - 560 002
Government of Karnataka
The Government of Karnataka formed the Para Medical Board to monitor and control Paramedical education in the state.
The Board is responsible for controlling all the Government and Private institutions in the state that offer paramedical courses.
It ensures that students in all the paramedical colleges get proper education and training.
As a result, students become adept at various skills required for a successful paramedical career. They also develop expertise in performing multiple tests and interpreting results.
The Paramedical Board Karnataka decides the syllabus and updates it regularly so that students learn about the latest advancements in the industry. It also determines the paper pattern and conducts examinations for the students.
The Para Medical Board Karnataka has the following objectives:
- Providing scientific training to help students acquire the necessary knowledge and skills
- Training students to carry out different laboratory tests independently
- Teaching how to manage laboratories and efficiently handle various equipment and materials
- Assisting the students to gain expertise in performing tests and obtaining results
- Employing well-trained professors who can bring out the students’ potential
The Paramedical Board Karnataka has various responsibilities. They are as follows:
- To inspect various Para Medical Institutions and grant or renew their affiliation accordingly
- To set proper guidelines and regulations for the eligibility, duration, and age limit of various courses
- To set and update the syllabus of every para medical course and decide the examination scheme
- To conduct examinations by acting as the “Board of Examination Authorities”
- To grant and regulate examination centres after inspecting the institutes thoroughly
- To issue certificates to the qualified candidates
The PMB Board Karnataka has the following paramedical courses under its jurisdiction:
- Diploma in Dental Hygiene
- Diploma in Dental Mechanics
- Diploma in Dialysis Technology
- Diploma in Health Inspector
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Diploma in Medical Records Technology
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology
- Diploma in Ophthalmic Technology
- Diploma in X-Ray Technology
The Bangalore Paramedical Board has issued various guidelines to the institutes to carry out the admission procedure efficiently.
They are as follows
- Candidates must go through the Central Counselling Process that is held every year
- They must submit their original documents while joining an institute and pay the prescribed fees
- The candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria to be eligible for the Central Counselling Process.
The candidates who want to join para medical courses must have fulfilled the following eligibility criteria:
- They must have completed their 2nd PUC with science subjects like PCB, PCMB, CBZ, etc.
- An exception is given to the students who want to study Diploma in Medical Records Technology, for which the qualification is 2nd PUC in any stream.
- The lower age limit is 15 years as of December 31st before the year of admission. The upper age limit for the general candidates is 35 years, whereas, for SC and ST, it is 40 years.
The fee structure of paramedical courses is as follows:
|Registration Fee||Rs. 500/- (One-time payment during admission)|
|Govt. Free Seats||Rs. 4,000/- PA|
|Management Seats||Rs. 20,000/- PA|
|Govt. seats in Private Colleges||Rs. 8,000/- PA|
The PMB conducts examinations according to the examination scheme drawn for each subject. It conducts two examinations in a year, which are Annual and Supplementary examinations.
The Karnataka State Paramedical Board is also responsible for deciding the eligibility criteria, registration mode, exam pattern, exam dates, and exam fees for the paramedical courses.
The examination fee is as follows:
|Fee for 1 Subject||Rs. 400/-|
|Fee for 2 Subjects||Rs. 600/-|
|Fee for More than 2 Subjects||Rs. 1100/-|
|Late Fee Per Day||Rs. 15/-|
- The duration of all the para medical courses is two years for students who completed PUC and 3 years for students who completed SSLC.
- The students must successfully complete their para medical course and submit the attested copies of the marks card of the previous examinations. They should also submit two passport size photographs and pay a fee of Rs. 300/- as certification fee.
- Yes, the Para Medical Board issues a Duplicate Certificate for a fee of Rs. 300/- if the candidate has a good explanation for losing or damaging the original certificate.
- The admission process for para medical courses begins in August and ends in October.
- Yes, SSLC qualified candidates can apply for admission to some of the para medical courses if the seats remain unfilled after completing the admission procedure of PUC students.