Karnataka State Diploma in Nursing Examination Board
1st Floor, Library Block, BMCRI Campus, KR Market, Bangalore - 560002
Karnataka State Diploma in Nursing Examination Board (KSDNEB) is responsible for ensuring that high standards of nursing education as prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council are met by nursing institutions in Karnataka.
The major objectives of the board are to ensure that nursing institutions in the state prepare nurses to effectively deliver the services under National Healthcare programs and to encourage the institutions to promote research and innovation in the field of nursing.
The board conducts the exams for General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) in addition to five Post Basic Diploma in Nursing in Critical Care Nursing, Cardio-Thoracic Nursing, Emergency and Disaster Nursing, Oncology Nursing, and Neonatal Nursing.
As of January 2020, the Karnataka State Nursing Examination Board has 838 nursing institutions under its jurisdiction that include government, aided, and private institutions.
Karnataka State Diploma Nursing Council has many roles and responsibilities. By following the guidelines of the INC, the board aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To follow the guidelines laid down by the Indian Nursing Council
- To aid Nursing Institutions in providing high-quality nursing education
- To prepare and encourage nurses to participate in National Health Care Delivery Programs
- To bring innovation in nursing education through experimentation and research
KSDNEB, Bangalore conducts examinations for both diploma and post-basic diploma courses. The courses that come under its jurisdiction are as follows:
GNM Diploma Courses:
- General Nursing Midwifery
Post Basic Diploma Courses:
- Post Basic Diploma in Cardio-Thoracic Nursing
- Post Basic Diploma in Critical Care Nursing
- Post Basic Diploma in Emergency and Disaster Nursing
- Post Basic Diploma in Neonatal Nursing
- Post Basic Diploma in Oncology Nursing
Karnataka State Diploma in Nursing decides the fee structure for both diploma and post-basic diploma courses. It is as follows:
Fee Structure for GNM Diploma Course:
|Registration Fee||Rs. 25,000|
|Renewal Fee||Rs. 10,000 (Per Year)|
|GNM Certificate||Rs. 1000|
Fee Structure for Post Basic Diploma Courses:
|Registration Fee||Rs. 3,000|
|Renewal Fee||Rs. 2,000|
|Certificate Fee||Rs. 500|
The examination fee structure as set by KSDNEB, Bangalore is as follows:
GNM Diploma Course Examination Fee Structure:
|1st Year||Rs. 1500|
|2nd Year||Rs. 2100|
|3rd Year||Rs. 1200|
|Fee Per Subject||Rs. 300 (Separate for Theory and Practical Subjects)|
Post Basic Diploma Courses Examination Fee Structure:
|Examination Fee||Rs. 1,000 all papers|
|Fee for Repeaters||Rs. 500 per paper|
Affiliated colleges under Karnataka State Diploma in Nursing Examination Board
- Yes, KSDNEB follows the guidelines laid down by the INC.
- KSDNEB, Bangalore ensures that the nursing colleges in Karnataka maintain the highest standards of education as prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council.
- KSDNEB ensures that nursing colleges in Karnataka prepare students to deliver services which adhere to the National Healthcare Program. It aims at encouraging research and innovation in this field.
- Colleges that are affiliated to the KSDNEB are Sri Sharada Nursing College, S.E.A. College of Nursing, Prince College of Nursing, and many more.
- The headquarters of KSDNEB is located in Bangalore.
- The average salary for Nursing students ranges between Rs. 4 Lakhs to Rs. 6 Lakhs per annum.