Do you see clothes as an opportunity and colours as a game?
Do you make different designs, and no two are the same?
If yes, then you must pursue a career in fashion designing to spike your creativity and turn your passion into a profession.
Fashion Designing is the art of making clothes and accessories aesthetically stylish. The artistry in this field has no boundaries.
Students can draw their inspiration from anything and everything to create designs that stand out.
It has lately gained a lot of popularity in India. Fashion designing is now one of the prominent career choices for people with creative minds.
Design your career towards success in the textile and apparel industry by pursuing education from a top college in India.
Fashion Design Courses:
Students can pursue a Diploma, Undergraduate, or a Postgraduate course depending on their eligibility and choice. Here is the list of courses:
|Duration ||1-2 Years|
|Duration ||B.Des: 4 Years|
Other Courses: 3 Years
Students can also pursue certificate courses in Fashion Designing. The duration of these courses is between 6 Months to 1 Year.
For higher studies and research in the field, students can opt for Ph.D in Fashion Design. The duration of the doctoral course is between 3 to 6 Years.
Eligibility for Fashion Designing Course:
- Bachelors, Diploma & Certificate Courses: Candidates should have completed their 10+ 2 education in any stream from a recognized board.
- Masters & Advanced Diploma Courses: Candidates should have graduated with a Bachelor of Design or equivalent course with a minimum aggregate score of 50% from a recognized board.
- Diploma Courses: The admission process is based on merit. Few of the institutes also conduct personal interviews.
- Bachelors & Masters: Admissions are based on merit and entrance exams followed by a Group Discussion and Personal Interview process.
Some of the popular entrance exams for fashion designing courses are:
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Entrance Examination
- All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED)
- Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED)
- NID Design Aptitude Test (NID DAT)
Average annual course fee: INR 14,000 to 4,00,000
Scope of Fashion Design:
The scope of fashion designing is varied. Here are the top 5 reasons that suggest the same:
- Rising Industry:
The fashion industry is growing faster and has gained higher recognition recently. People prefer walking in the latest and trendiest clothes.
Designer ready-made clothes have been widely accepted, which has led to more job opportunities for creative minds.
- Diverse Learning:
Fashion designing is not constrained to clothes. Students experience diverse learning as they will also design for jewelry, accessories, footwear, etc.
It teaches them how to coordinate an outfit with the accessories worn with it to complete the look.
- Distinct Training:
The course teaches designing and managing in both traditional and advanced ways. Students master the art of presenting their idea through a pen-paper sketch and digital illustration.
It gives them an upper hand when they join a company to match their style of working.
- Personal Development:
Pursuing a designing course can develop the interpersonal skills of the candidate exceptionally.
They experience growth in several skills like pattern drafting, garment execution, individuality, etc. Learning them helps to upgrade their problem-solving skills too.
Designers coordinate with several people to present one garment. From cloth vendors and stylists to models and producers, they reach out to people from different walks of life.
They build influential networking with people from all sectors that helps them in the future.
Fashion designing opens several career options in the field of apparel. Here are some of the popular job roles:
- Fashion Designer
- Costume Designer
- Fashion Consultant
- Apparel Production Manager
- Fashion Illustrator
- Art Director
- Boutique Owner
- Fashion Stylist
- Celebrity/ Personal Stylist
- Graphic Designer
Fashion Designing Salary:
The average starting salary of fashion designers in India ranges from INR 1.80 to 4.80 Lakhs per annum.
Best Fashion Designing Colleges in India:
Here is a list of the top fashion design colleges in India that offer quality education and enhance the skills of every individual.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) (New Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, and other cities).
- Pearl Academy West Campus, New Delhi
- Amity School of Fashion Technology (ASFT), Noida
- Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID), Pune
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
Top 7 Fashion Design Colleges in Karnataka:
1) National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Bangalore:
NIFT has 17 campuses across India that offer education in design, technology, and management. NIFT, Bangalore focuses on encouraging students to create global trends and make an impact.
2) JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore:
It is a renowned fashion designing college in Bangalore. They organize several events, workshops, seminars, exhibits, etc to provide students a complete academic and industrial experience.
3) Mount Carmel College (MCC), Bangalore:
Decades of experience and proficiency in teaching makes the MCC, Bangalore one of the finest colleges in Karnataka, offering courses in several streams. The institute has a remarkable infrastructure and research facility.
4) Manipal School of Architecture and Planning (MSAP), Manipal:
MSAP is a constituent of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE). The institute focuses on creating innovations that are sustainable, economical, eco-friendly, and socially valued.
5) T John Institute of Management and Science (TJIMS), Bangalore:
Established in 2004, TJIMS strives to provide quality education of global standards. Their qualified faculty and affordable fee structure make it one of the popular choices.
6) Garden City University (GCU), Bangalore:
GCU strives for modern methods of education. The institute emphasizes elevating the employability, skills, and knowledge of its students.
7) Jain University (JU), Bangalore:
Jain University is one of the most premium colleges in Bangalore. The institute is known for its knowledge-equipped faculty and excellent pedagogy.
It might just be a piece of cloth, but each portion has the potential to be a masterpiece through your innovation.
Enroll in top fashion designing courses after 12th and let your creativity boost to greater levels.
Seek education from a top designing college in India and experience a financially rewarding career that has no limitations on creativity.