What is an MBA?
Master of Business Administration (MBA) is one of the most common post-graduate degrees to have been undertaken by students in the country. This graduate degree provides students with practical and theoretical training with the aim of giving a proper understanding of the general functions of business management.
The 2-year programme is a gateway to thousands of job opportunities in the corporate world. The thing that makes an MBA degree so popular is because students from any background, including science, commerce and humanities can pursue it.
The MBA course can be conducted in various modes, such as regular, Online or distance-Education. A full-time MBA course is the most popular among them all as it provides theory class, practical projects and internships. Bangalore has a number of MBA colleges that provide the best knowledge about the course.
Scope of MBA
Students taking MBA admissions should be aware of the job opportunities available to them in the country. Business planning, consulting, client relations, resources or system analysis are some of the things that are expected to be a part of your job profile. Despite this, there are a number of job opportunities open after an MBA Degree.
- Banking and Finance- This domain includes portfolio management and security and investment analysis. MBA graduates can find jobs in banks, insurance companies, security firms and various other financial organisations. As far as banks are concerned jobs will be available in both public and private sector banks.
- Investment Banking- Jobs in the investment banking sector are on high demand in the country. Some of the top companies that higher suitable candidates are, SBI, Capital Markets, etc. The job responsibility in this sector includes connecting investors to fund-needing organisations.
- Management Consulting- If someone is good at problem-solving then this field is best for him. It involves solving disputes between the clients and the organisations and other organisational issues.
- Private Equity- The investment acumen of a person comes into action in a job profile associated with private equity. Top companies like Axis Securities, JP Morgan Chase, Kotak Wealth Management, etc select suitable candidates for jobs in this domain.
Specializations of the MBA Course
All the Bangalore Top MBA colleges offer a general business focus on this course. But, most of the colleges allow students the option to choose a specialization. These specializations are the best for the ones who are sure what path they want to select, but sometimes it might take a little longer to complete the degree compared to the students in the general track.
Some of the important specializations offered in top MBA Bangalore Colleges are:
- Accounting- Learn about applications, data, and other procedures that enable professionals to analyze financial data correctly.
- Business Analytics- Understanding artificial intelligence, data mining, text mining, machine learning, etc.
- Entrepreneurship- Learn about creating a business plan and how to succeed in business.
- Finance- Master theoretical and analytical skills needed to master both typical and complex financial situations.
- Global Business Management- Learn to function in a global economy and the skills required to survive.
- Healthcare Administration- Usually designed to teach those from a healthcare or practitioner background about management and leadership skills.
- Management- Learn to solve common leadership issues
- Marketing- Study in marketing, competition and production portfolios.
- Operations Management- Learn, develop new methods to process management.
- Supply Chain Management- Explore the many elements of managing a successful product supply chain.
Eligibility for doing MBA
A full-time MBA criterion in top MBA colleges of Bangalore requires the following-
- Graduation in any discipline or equivalent from a recognised university.
- Most MBA colleges in Bangalore follow a minimum score criterion that is 50% on average or equivalent. And for the reserved category, the minimum score is 45%.
- Final year graduation students can also apply for MBA Admissions, provided they show proof that they will graduate within the course time allotted by the college or university.
List of top MBA colleges in Bangalore
Bangalore is home to a number of MBA colleges. All these colleges have different admission criteria.
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM)
- Alliance University
- Christ (Deemed to be University)
- IFIM Business School
- AIMS Institute
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship.
- Bangalore University
- St. Joseph Institute of Management
- Jain (Deemed to be University)
- Indus Business Academy
- ISBR Business School
- International School of Business and Media
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
- RV Institute of Management
- Presidency University School of Management
MBA Admissions in Bangalore
There are various exams for MBA admissions. Admission to all MBA colleges in Bangalore takes place.
- National Level Test conducted by an apex testing body or a top national B-school on behalf of the other participating colleges. eg: CAT, MAT, CMAT or ATMA
- Test conducted by a B-school for entrance to its own MBA programme. The test conducted will only be applicable for MBA admission in that particular B-school. In some cases, these scores can be accepted as a qualifying criterion by other B-schools as well. eg: IIFT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, IBSAT.
- Test conducted by a university for entrance to MBA programmes being offered by colleges that are affiliated to it. eg: KIITEE, HPU MAT.
After qualifying the entrance exam, if a candidate is shortlisted by the college, then the candidate is required to sit for another round of the selection process that will include interview and group discussion. This will be conducted by the college/ university in which the candidate has applied.
Top exams for MBA Admissions:
The scores of these exams are valid for admission to various top MBA Bangalore colleges.
Types of MBA Programs:
There are three different kinds of MBA programs. They are:
- Part-time MBA program: This course is suited best for those who do not have time and money to invest in a full-time course. Most schools that offer the programme expect their students to complete the course within the given time. 5 years is the standard duration, although most part-time students finish the course much sooner than that.
- Full-time MBA program: This program takes 2 years to complete the course regardless of its format. This program may take place on-campus. Students will complete similar courses to first-year students, even if they choose a specific concentration.
Accelerated MBA program: Accelerated programs allow students to complete their MBA degree and begin earning a return on their investment faster. This is a full-time course and students need to understand the course more quickly as classes run in few numbers per week.