Tableau, in layman terms, means the frozen silent frames representing a story or event by a group of motionless figures.
Is it ringing a bell?
Yes, the name itself constitutes the context of Tableau, one of the world's most supreme interactive data visualization tools.
Tableau has become a leading name in the field of Visual Analytics. With immense popularity and a client base consisting of world-leading companies, it has gained a dominant position.
Who is a Tableau Developer?
A Tableau Developer is a professional who performs tasks like data visualization, business intelligence processes, and data analysis for the organization using the Tableau platform.
They play a crucial role in establishing data-driven policies across the organization and are highly in-demand since many companies prioritize data analytics.
Tableau Developer Roles And Responsibilities:
The roles and responsibilities for Tableau Developer jobs are intrinsically defined by the organization and it varies according to their needs.
The Tableau Developer job description is mentioned below.
- Plan solutions for addressing data needs according to business requirements
- Design, develop and maintain Tableau analytics and dashboards
- Refine, collect and prepare data for visualization and analytics
- Creating beta dashboards and wireframes, focusing on visibility, user experience and correctness
- Drilling down of data and preparing reports with maximum accuracy
- Applying statistical methods and algorithms for obtaining answers from data
- Managing Tableau-driven architecture, implementations, and administration
Skills Required to Become a Tableau Developer:
A Tableau Developer job description requires candidates to fulfill a certain level of skill set. Some of the skills required for a job role in this field are mentioned below.
- Analytical skills for identifying the business needs
- Excellent knowledge of handling databases
- Proficiency in SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Proficiency in Data Analysis Tools like Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
- Good written and verbal skills
- Problem-solving skills for resolving issues that occur during the development processes
- Competent in handling all Tableau products (Desktop, Public, Server, Online, and Reader)
How to Become a Tableau Developer?
Now that you learned about the Tableau Developer roles and responsibilities, you might be wondering about how to become one. You can pursue a wide range of courses at the undergraduate or postgraduate levels to begin a career as a Tableau Developer.
Top Tableau Courses in India:
B.Sc and BCA: 3 Years
B.Tech: 4 Years
|Eligibility||Candidates should complete 10+2 with a minimum aggregate marks of 50% from a recognized board of education.|
Postgraduate Diploma Level:
|Courses||Post Graduate Diploma in Data Science|
|Eligibility||Candidates should complete an undergraduate degree with a minimum aggregate marks of 50% from a recognized university. |
|Eligibility||Candidates should complete an undergraduate degree in Tableau or a related stream with a minimum aggregate marks of 55% from a recognized university.|
|Courses||Ph.D in Data Science|
|Duration||3 to 6 Years|
|Eligibility||Candidates should complete a postgraduate degree with a minimum aggregate marks of 60% from a recognized institution. |
Top Data Science colleges in Bangalore:
B.Sc Data Science includes the disciplines of Computer Science, Business Analytics and Artificial Intelligence delivered as a 3-year course.
A list of the Top Data Science colleges in Bangalore are mentioned below:
- Jain (Deemed-to-be-University)
- GITAM (Deemed-to-be-University)
- Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences (MSRUAS)
Top Computer Science Engineering Colleges in Bangalore:
The Computer Science Engineering course comprises topics related to computation, programming languages, algorithms, computer software, program design, and computer hardware.
The top Computer Science Engineering Colleges In Bangalore are mentioned below:
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering
- R.V. College of Engineering
- BMS College of Engineering
- Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Scope of a Tableau Developer in India:
Tableau is developing as one of the hottest trends in the field of Business Intelligence. The demand for Tableau Developers is gaining huge popularity in companies and organizations of all stature, big or small.
Even Google Trends had indicated a high demand for Tableau Developer jobs in India. With 50 times greater amounts of data generated than about a decade ago, business organizations need tools that can derive actionable insights from data through analysis.
When you take a glance at the job market for Tableau openings, you will be amazed at the number of vacancies and opportunities in this field.
Some of the top organizations that might be of interest to you are mentioned below:
- Sony Electronics
- General Motors
Tableau Developer Salary:
The average Tableau Developer salary depends on several demographic factors like geography, skills and experience.
According to a report by Indeed, a fresher can earn around INR 8,55,015 per annum while experienced developers can earn around INR 20,00,000 per annum.
The average salary for various job roles are given below:
|Job Role||Salary Per Annum (INR)|
|Business Intelligence Developer||3,60,000|
|Business Objects Developer||5,43,000|
Career opportunities for Tableau Developers have increased manifolds since the last few years. Being one of the most sought technologies, Tableau is the fastest growing business intelligence tool out there.
A candidate pursuing a career as a Tableau Developer will have a promising journey ahead filled with growth and satisfaction.
Now that you have got all the answers to the question- How to become a Tableau Developer, go ahead and pursue your goal.