If you want to pursue a field that is comparatively less stressful, involves high-tech machinery and offers remunerative job options, then you must consider pursuing a career as a Radiologist.
Radiology is the combination of diagnostic radioscopy and technology. It is the study of medical imaging that is used for treating diseases inside the body.
The scope of Radiology is wide and varied. Based on the growing economy and ageing population, there is more allowance for elective surgeries.
The field is bound to grow broader and advance rapidly as AI will soon be a part of radiology to increase efficiency and diagnostic capacity.
Experts estimated that the jobs in radiology will experience a growth of 9% in this decade.
Hence, seek admissions to top radiology colleges in Bangalore and grab a lucrative medical imaging job in the private or government sector.
How to Become a Radiologist?
The procedure to become a Radiologist can broadly be divided in the below-mentioned steps:
1) Candidates must complete 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics as compulsory subjects and attain the minimum required marks.
2) They must prepare for the entrance exam and pursue a UG Program in Radiology.
3) After graduating from a Bachelor's course, they can go for a PG Program in Radiology to gain more knowledge in this field.
4) By completing these 2 levels of formal education, students will be eligible for lucrative jobs.
5) They can also opt for higher education by pursuing a doctorate course and get into research and developmental activities in this field.
Candidates must ensure to match the qualifications to pursue Radiology courses. Following is the Radiology eligibility based on different levels of education:
|Postgraduate/ PG Diploma|
Candidates must possess the below-mentioned skills to become a Radiologist:
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Critical Thinking
- Anatomical Knowledge
- Detail Oriented
- Analytical Ability
- Communication Skills
Here are the top courses for Radiology in India:
|Duration ||6 Months to 2 Years|
|Duration ||3 Years|
|Duration ||2 Years|
PG Diploma Courses:
|Duration ||2 Years|
Students can also pursue a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Radiology for higher studies and research.
Types of Radiologist:
Radiology offers a wide range of opportunities. Students can also pursue a specific field in radiology. Here are the types of Radiologists:
- Cardiovascular Radiologist
- Paediatric Radiologists
- Radiology Technicians
Salary of a Radiologist:
The annual average salary of a Radiologist is between the range of INR 6,00,000 to 12,00,000. The pay scale depends on several factors like skills, knowledge, experience, designation, etc.
Radiology Colleges in India:
It is essential to study from the best college to seek a holistic pedagogy for a successful career.
Here is a list of the top 10 colleges in India that offer high-quality education:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- St. John's Medical College, Bangalore
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
- King George's Medical University (KGMU), Lucknow
- Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute (BMCRI), Bangalore
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi
- Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education & Research, Chennai
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
Radiology is one of the most crucial elements for diagnosing internal diseases and injuries. It helps in treating several serious conditions like cancer, brain tumour and stroke by identifying them efficiently.
Pursue a course in Radiology and experience a rewarding career in a field that is gaining popularity and increasing its significance all over the world.
Now that you know how to become a Radiologist, enroll in one of the top Allied Health Science colleges in Karnataka and save the lives of all those in need.