Here's an insight into a career as a lawyer- Imagine yourself wearing the black robe of the law, seeking proof, interrogating suspects and serving justice to people rightfully.
Great leaders like Nelson Mandela, Barack Obama and Mahatma Gandhi have all gained their renowned intellectualism through a law degree.
In the words of Thomas Jefferson, "The study of the law qualifies a man to be useful to himself, his neighbours, and the public."
Delve in the blog to discover a career in law, explore lawyer courses and top law colleges in India.
How to Become a Lawyer?
To become a lawyer, Students have to follow the below steps:
1) Gain Formal Education:
Students must gain formal education by pursuing a Bachelor's in Law, followed by a Master's Degree.
2) Practice Law through Internships:
Students must obtain work experience by practising under senior advocates or in law firms.
3) Obtain Certification:
After the completion of a successful internship, candidates must enroll themself with the State Bar Council. They must clear the All India Bar Examination conducted by the Bar Council of India.
After qualifying in the exam, students will be eligible to practice law as a career.
Following are the requirements for admissions in law courses.
|Communication Skills||Analytical Ability|
|Persuasion Skills||Quick Responsive|
|Detail Oriented||Critical Thinking|
Law Entrance Exam in India:
India has some of the best colleges for law. Explore the top law entrance exam in India that are required for admissions to top colleges.
- Common Law Admission Test (CLAT):
It is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Consortium of National Law University (CNLU).
CLAT is an offline exam for undergraduate and postgraduate law courses offered in renowned universities across the country.
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT):
LSAT is a national-level law entrance exam conducted by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC).
The exam is conducted twice a year in online mode. The exam offers admissions in law courses in several countries like the USA, Canada, India, etc.
- Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT):
It is a university-based exam for admissions to Symbiosis International University (SIU), one of the best law colleges in India.
Candidates can apply for courses such as BA LLB and BBA LLB at SIU's campuses in Pune, Noida, Hyderabad, and Nagpur.
- All India Law Entrance Test (AILET):
AILET is a university-level entrance exam for admissions at several top colleges in India, including Jain University & IFIM Law School in Bangalore.
The exam is conducted in offline mode and tests topics like English, Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge and Legal Aptitude.
Here is a list of top courses in India at different levels:
Scope of Studying Law in India:
Here are the top 4 reasons that describe the bright scope in law.
- High-paid Profession: The average annual salary of law graduates is between the range of INR 4,00,000 to 12,00,000.
- Prestigious Career: By pursuing law, students experience a reputed career and authorization.
- Immense Gratification: Lawyers endure utmost job satisfaction by helping people in legal matters. They work for society and justice.
- Job Security: The need for lawyers will never be exhausted. Hence, a career as a lawyer offers sustainability and job security.
There are several career options to pursue after studying law. Here are a few of them:
- Corporate Counsellor
- Litigating Lawyer
- Legal Journalist
- Securities Lawyer
- Environmental Lawyer
- Tax Lawyer, etc.
Best Law Colleges in India:
Following is the list of top law colleges in India that provide high-quality education to students:
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore
- National Law University (NLU), New Delhi
- Nalsar University of Law (NALSAR), Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
- School of Law, Christ University (SLCU), Bangalore
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata
- M S Ramaiah College of Law (MSRCL), Bangalore
Now that you know how to become a lawyer, experience an influential career that provides lucrative options.
Get yourself enrolled in one of the best law colleges in Karnataka and pursue a career that helps you serve the rightful by bringing the required consequences for the wrong-doers.