Are you looking for a job that sets no limitations to your creativity, pays well, and has a lot of scope?
If yes, then your search ends now.
Explore a career as a graphic designer. It is one of the top and trending careers, given its importance in modern marketing campaigns.
The program is a study of various types of designing and its fundamentals to master the art of making visual content.
It includes various topics like sketching & drawing, design fundamentals, history of art & design, visual ergonomics, interface graphics, identity graphics, advertisement design, portfolio designing, etc.
Students can also opt for elective courses like:
- Information Graphics and Visualisation
- Moving Image Design
- Product Design
- 3D Modelling and Prototyping
- Animation Design
- Film-Video Design
- Transportation Design
- Game Design
How to Become a Graphic Designer?
The process of becoming a graphic designer is summarized in 3 steps:
- Students should complete 10+2 education in any stream from a recognized board and secure a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
- They must appear in the required entrance exam and qualify with the requisite cut-off score.
- They need to apply for top colleges and complete their graduation to explore top graphic designer jobs.
Eligibility for a Graphic Designer:
Below are the graphic designer requirements in academics and personal attributes:
Educational Eligibility for a Graphic Designer:
- Candidates must complete 10+2 education with a minimum aggregate score of 50% in any stream from a recognized board.
- Students who have completed their 10+3 Diploma or are appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
- Admissions are based on Merit or Entrance Exams.
- Candidates must have graduated from an undergraduate course in the relevant discipline or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Admissions are based on Merit or Entrance Exams followed by a Personal Interview round.
Graphic Designer Requirements in Terms of Soft Skills:
Candidates must possess the following soft skills to pursue graphic designing courses:
- Creativity & Innovativeness
- Visual Communication
- Attention to Details
- Time Management
- Organizing Ability
- Understanding of Latest Trends
- Balancing Artistry with Audience Appeal
Why Study Graphic Designing?
Here are the top 5 reasons why you must study graphic designing:
- A graphic designing course will hone your creative skills and enhance them to a greater level.
- You will be more aware of the field by studying from industry professionals.
- Qualified graphic designers have flexible job opportunities. They can work in digital agencies or as freelancers.
- You will get to learn various software which increases your skill sets.
- Be a part of an industry of the future that's growing rapidly and has high scope.
Best Graphic Design Courses:
There are several graphic designing courses in India and abroad that impart knowledge and skills in the field of designing.
Here is a list of the best graphic design courses:
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des) in Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) (Hons.) in Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Graphic, Advertising, & Digital Design
The duration of these courses is between 3 to 4 Years.
- Master of Design (M.Des) in Graphic Design
- Master of Arts (MA) in Graphic Design
The duration of these courses is 2 Years.
Students can also pursue certificate courses or a diploma in graphic design after completing their 10+2 education.
The duration for certificate courses ranges between 1 hour to 6 months while that for Diploma is 1 Year.
Graphic Designer Jobs:
Here are some of the popular job roles for skilled and qualified designers:
- Graphic Designer
- UI Designer
- Multimedia Designer
- Flash Animator
- Layout Designer
- Communication Designer
- Editorial Designer
Now more than ever, Graphic Designing is one of the most popular careers because of its high demand in various sectors.
Here is a list of top recruiting areas that hire Graphic Designing professionals:
- Website Development Firms
- Production Companies in Television and Multimedia
- Graphic Design Firms
- Printing and Publishing Firms
- Advertising Firms
- E-learning Businesses
Graphic Designer Salary in India:
The approximate initial Graphic Designer salary in India is in the range of INR 2 to 6.8 Lakhs per annum.
The salary depends and increases based on the skills, knowledge, experience, and several other factors.
Best Graphic Design Colleges in India:
Education opens broader avenues for gaining professional skills, knowledge, and higher job roles.
Below mentioned are the 10 best graphic design colleges in India:
- Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID), Pune
- Apeejay Stya University (ASU), Gurgaon
- Srishti Institute of Art, Design, and Technology, Bangalore
- PDM University, Bahadurgarh
- Avantika University, Ujjain
- RV University, Bangalore
- Ajeenkya DY Patil University (ADYPU), Pune
- Bengaluru Central University, Bangalore
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
- Jain University, Bangalore
Experience a 'fun at the desk job' by pursuing a career in graphic designing and let your imagination and individuality flourish.
Art defines time, style, expression, and much more. Create digital art that never fades.
Enroll in one of the top colleges in India and learn from qualified professionals who guide you through the murky waters of creativity and designs.