Overworked, Trifled and Overlooked.
Which organ of our body meets these classifications?
It's the Kidney.
One of the significant functions of our body is to consume food and remove waste. The filtering of the blood and removal of excess water, toxins and solutes is done through 2 kidneys in our body.
It may only be an organ or a part of our urinary tract, but any kind of prolonged anomaly in it can cause serious damage to your body. Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) is one of the fastest rising causes of death in the world.
Experts have stated that more than one in seven people have a kidney problem in India.
The already higher demand for Dialysis Technicians is bound to increase by 11%, as per the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Dialysis Technician salary in India in the initial stage is in the range of INR 2,00,000 to 6,00,000.
What Does a Dialysis Technician do?
A Kidney Dialysis Technician is a medical professional who specialises in working with doctors and nurses for treating patients with kidney diseases.
Their job includes monitoring the dialysis machine & patients, assisting medical practitioners, maintaining the equipment, educating patients about proper healthcare for positive results, and much more.
They work under several job positions in hospitals, clinics, and dialysis centres.
How to Become a Dialysis Technician?
The procedure to become a Kidney Dialysis Technician can broadly be divided into 3 steps:
- Candidates must complete 10+2 from a recognized board and attain the minimum required marks.
- They must pursue a UG program in Renal Dialysis Technology or related fields.
- After graduating with a Bachelor's course, they can go for a PG Program to gain more knowledge in this field.
By completing these 2 levels of formal education, students will be qualified for lucrative jobs as Dialysis Technicians.
Dialysis Technician Eligibility:
Following is the eligibility for different levels of Dialysis Technician course:
Some of the top skills required to pursue renal dialysis courses are:
- Attention to Detail
- Communication Skills
- Technical Aptitude
Dialysis Technician Course:
The course includes subjects like Basic Human Anatomy, Anticoagulation, Concepts of Dialysis & Nutrition, Microbiology & Pathology, Safety & Sanitation, Haemodialysis Machines, etc.
Here is a list of the top renal dialysis courses in India:
|Course||Diploma in Dialysis Techniques (DTT)|
|Duration||1 to 2 Years|
|Approximate Annual Course Fee (INR)||15,000 to 55,000|
|Approximate Annual Course Fee (INR)||20,000 to 3,00,000|
|Course||Master of Science (M.Sc) in Renal Dialysis Technology|
|Approximate Annual Course Fee (INR)||20,000 to 2,50,000|
Career as a Renal Dialysis Technician:
A Dialysis Technician has one of the most rewarding and stable careers in the medical field. Let's understand the scope and job profiles after studying the renal dialysis courses.
Scope of Renal Dialysis Technology:
The scope of renal dialysis technology is bright. Here are the reasons why:
- Higher Education: Students can pursue higher studies and gain in-depth knowledge by opting for a masters and PhD program in renal dialysis technology.
- Several Job Opportunities: Candidates can seek a job in both private and government sectors. They can work in areas like outpatient clinics, research centres, freestanding dialysis centres, and educational institutes.
- Advancing Field: The demand for qualified professionals in the field is increasing and so is the technology. Students get to be part of an advanced and growing field.
- Diverse Job Opportunities: After graduating, students are not limited to Dialysis Technicians. They can take up several roles and experience a lucrative job.
Several job opportunities can be pursued after studying kidney dialysis courses. Some of the top job roles are:
- Dialysis Technicians
- Medical Lab Expert
- Dialysis Therapist
- Therapeutic Assistance
Renal Dialysis Technician Salary in India:
The average renal dialysis technician salary is between the range of INR 2,20,000 to 3,00,000 PA.
Top 7 Renal Dialysis Colleges in Karnataka:
Seeking education from a top college is essential to thread a thriving career in the medical field as a Kidney Dialysis Technologist.
Here are the top 7 colleges in Karnataka that offer high-quality education and excellent pedagogy.
- JSS Medical College and Hospital (JSSMCH), Mysore
- Jain (Deemed-to-be-University), Bangalore
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal
- Yenepoya University, Mangalore
- Srinivas University, Mangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre (SIMSRC), Bangalore
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore
Now that you know how to become a Dialysis Technician, pursue a top course in renal dialysis.
Enroll in one of the best colleges in Karnataka and indulge in ORGAN-ISING a CAREER that is both rewarding and satisfying.