Wonder how you receive ads of products you were likely to purchase?
It is through all the data that is accepted, shared, and utilized by us.
The industries thrive because of the data collected from several places. This data is recorded, measured, and tracked to stimulate the growth of the business.
A Data Scientist integrates business, trends, science, and research to work in prominent industries by utilizing specialized tools, statistics, algorithms, machine learning programs, and technology.
Analytics Insight has calculated that Data Science jobs will rise to 1,37,630 by 2025 from 62,793 in 2020.
It is one of the fast-growing and high-demand jobs. Experts predict that the Data Science industry will grow by 30% in the next 10 Years.
Pursue top courses for Data Scientists and experience a career in a sector bound to flourish.
Delve in the blog to find answers for all your questions like: how to become a Data Scientist, what are the top courses for Data Science, and what are the job prospects.
What is Data Science?
Data Science is the study of structured and unstructured data. The courses include data analysis, business acumen, coding, artificial intelligence, data structures & algorithms, scientific computing, matrix computations, and other subjects.
It emphasizes various aspects of data like mining, refining, management, etc., and helps businesses make informed decisions.
How to Become a Data Scientist in India?
Here are 2 steps that summarize the process for how to become a Data Scientist:
1) Candidates must obtain a Bachelor's Degree in Data Science.
2) They must qualify in the entrance exam and secure a Master's Degree in the relevant specializations.
Some of the popular specializations in data science are:
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber Security
- Machine Learning and Cognitive
- Ethical Hacking
Eligibility for Courses to Become a Data Scientist:
If you are wondering how to become a Data Scientist after 12th, here are the educational and soft skill requirements to pursue data science courses.
|PG Diploma Courses|
|Data Science Certification|
Some of the requisite skills a candidate must possess are:
- Proficiency in programming languages like Python, R Programming, Hadoop, SQL Database.
- Expertise in statistical concepts like Skewness, Probability, Percentiles, etc.
- Knowledge of machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Understanding of data visualization tools like Tableau, D3, etc.
- A strong base of mathematics and its concepts like Calculus, Algebra, etc.
Best Data Science Courses:
Here is a list of data science training courses:
|Duration ||3 to 4 Years|
|Admission Process||Merit/ Entrance Exam Based|
|Top Entrance Exam||JEE Main/ COMEDK/ BITSAT/ VITEEE|
|Approximate Fee (INR)||6 to 10 Lakhs|
Post Graduate Courses:
|Duration ||2 Years|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam & Personal Interview Based|
|Top Entrance Exam||GATE/ IIT JAM/ IPU CET/ CUCET |
|Approximate Fee (INR)||7 to 15 Lakhs|
PG Diploma Courses:
|Duration ||1 to 2 Years|
|Admission Process||Merit Based|
|Approximate Fee (INR)||3 to 7 Lakhs|
Data Science Certification:
It is a short-term data science training course that enhances several skills required for data science courses. Some of the top certifications are:
|Duration ||3 Months to 1.5 Years|
|Admission Process||Online Registration/ Direct|
|Approximate Fee (INR)||10,000 to 50,000|
Students can also pursue doctoral courses for further studies and research.
Why Study Data Science?
Now that you know how to become a Data Scientist, let's understand why you must pursue Data Science.
- High Demand: There is a high demand for Data Science graduates in India and abroad. It is one of the top employing job sectors and a rapidly growing industry.
- Sustainability: Data Science jobs offer sustainability and growth. Even when the country faced a downward trend in employment numbers, the sector continued to thrive.
- Versatility in Jobs: There are numerous applications of data science in various sectors like banking, e-commerce, healthcare, consultancy services, etc. It offers versatility in jobs in different sectors.
- High payscale: The average annual salary in data science is between the range of 5 to 12 Lakhs. The salary depends and rises based on the knowledge, skills, experience, job role, and several other factors.
- Personal Development: Data scientist is one of the most reputed and challenging careers. It enhances several interpersonal attributes like problem-solving, mathematical reasoning, Algorithmic thinking, analytical ability, etc.
Following are the top job roles offered to graduates from the best data science courses:
- Data Scientist
- Data Architect
- Data Analyst
- Application Architect
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Business Intelligence Developer
Here are the top recruiters that hire Data Science professionals:
- JP Morgan Chase and Co.
- McKinsey and Co.
Top 5 Data Science Colleges in India:
One of the accurate answers for how to become a Data Scientist after 12th, is to gain an education from a top college.
Here are the best colleges to pursue data science course:
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), All Campuses
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore
- Christ University, Bangalore
- NIMAS, Kolkata
Data is not just figures based on facts, it is also used as a striking weapon against competitors to thrive in business.
Now that you know how to become a Data Scientist, enroll in one of the top colleges in Karnataka, and experience a challenging and lucrative career.