The Internet is an ocean of data. It has information about anything, everything, and everyone.
While it is considered valuable in our daily lives, it is also known as the modern era weapon. The data available online can also be fiddled or manipulated.
This data needs to be protected and the activities on the internet must be watched over.
A Cyber Security Expert is like a guard dog or scrutineer of the digital era.
They protect and maintain the security of data and networks for organizations and institutes.
Did you know?
Hackers commit cyberattacks every 39 seconds and over 77% of the organizations do not have a response plan against such cyber slash and data breaches.
Explore a career in cyber security and act as an insulator to a company's valuable data.
How to Become a Cyber Security Expert?
The procedure to become one of the best Cyber Security professionals can broadly be divided into 2 steps :
- After completing 10+2, candidates must qualify in any entrance exam for admissions into undergraduate programs in this field.
- After their undergraduation, they should appear for the required entrance exam and complete a postgraduate program in this field.
By completing the formal education, they gain all the knowledge and skills required to secure a prime job in top organizations as cyber security professionals.
Eligibility for Cyber Security Course:
To become a cyber security specialist, candidates must match the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Candidates must complete 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
- They must secure a minimum aggregate score of 50% in higher secondary education.
- Aspirants must appear and qualify in the national/ university level entrance exam for admission in an undergraduate program.
- Some of the top entrance exams are JEE Main, JEE Advanced, CUCET, GATE, etc.
Candidates aspiring to build a career in cyber security must possess the soft skills mentioned below:
- Effective Problem-solving Skill
- Security Analysis
- Observational Skills
- Research Ability
- Practical Approach
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical and Rational Thinking
- Working as a Team
- Agile and Spontaneous
Top Cyber Security Course:
Here is a list of top cyber security courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level:
Students can also pursue certificate courses online that are offered by different agencies/ institutes.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Cyber Security Expert:
Cyber security graduates are hired in both government and private sectors.
They hold the fort of cyber security by detecting and preventing any data or system mishap. Here are all the roles and responsibilities of cyber security professionals:
- Safeguarding the data, network, and system of the organization.
- Evaluate the cyber safety of the organization and suggest appropriate and required plans to improve security.
- Design, implement and maintain the security system.
- Implementing legitimate testing and scanning of devices for any system breach.
- Administrating methodical penetration testing.
- They must adapt and update the system and themselves with new technologies frequently.
- Solve security issues related to the network and systems.
- Occasional audits in hardware and software of the system.
- Update the system as per the latest security standards and make it efficient and bug-free.
- Overall active contribution in maintaining a sturdy cyber security system.
Why do companies need a Sturdy Cyber Security System?
Top 3 reasons why companies require a sturdy cyber security system are:
- Growing Industry: The IT industry is now developing more than ever. It has resulted in more Hackers as well as a rising need for Cyber Security Specialists.
- Versatile Career Options: As the need for Cyber Experts is high in all industries, they can switch sectors of work and experience boundless learning and several career options.
- Sustainability: No industry is immune to cybercrime. Companies from all sectors have to implement cyber security by hiring professionals. It results in dynamic job opportunities and financial stability.
Cyber Security Jobs Salary:
Cyber Security jobs salary in India range between INR 5,00,000- 17,00,000 per annum approximately.
Following are some of the popular cyber security job roles along with average salary:
|Job Roles||Annual Average Salary (In INR)|
|Cyber Security Specialist||8,80,000|
|Security Application Programmer||9,50,000|
|Cyber Security Analyst||5,30,000|
|Security Code Auditor||7,60,000|
Top Colleges for Cyber Security Courses:
Here are the top 5 Colleges in India that offer cyber security courses:
- Sastra University, Thanjavur
- NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Jain University (FET JU), Bangalore
- Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore
- Calicut University (CU), Calicut
Former Chairman, President, and CEO of IBM- Ginni Rometty, rightly said that "Cybercrime is the greatest threat to every company in the world."
Most companies take months to detect even a major data breach. Top companies like Facebook or Equifax are just a few to name.
Become a Cyber Security Expert and help companies from losing their valuable information. Apply to a top college in Karnataka and tread a successful career in cyber security.