Humans are distinctive and behavioural beings. Our minds are an endless space for thoughts that are both dark and light. Seldom the cynicism overrules every resolute perception and idea.
It is essential to let the positivity outshine and, to do so we seek professional help from Counsellors/ Psychologists.
But how does our mind function? What makes different people behave differently in a situation? What are hallucinations and the unconscious mind?
Do you wish to learn cognitive science and help people who are baffled between their thoughts and life?
Pursue a career in Psychology to find the answers and map out ways for people in a mind maze.
Delve in the blog to explore the undergraduate course in psychology and kickstart a lucrative career after class 12th.
What is Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Psychology?
The course is the study of cognitive science. It deals with examining the mental outlook and human behaviours.
Students gain in-depth knowledge about emotions, behaviour, reactions, motives, psyche and stress.
The treatment consists of therapies, counselling, and activities to observe, analyse and eradicate the root cause of mental distress.
They learn both theoretical and practical knowledge about several subjects under psychology.
Students are open to career options in the field of criminal justice, social service, sales, public administration, etc. after the course.
|Duration ||3 Years|
|Approximate Annual Fee (INR) ||20,000 to 2,50,000|
Here is a list of top courses at different levels that can be pursued to become a psychologist.
|Post Graduate Courses|
|PG Diploma Courses|
Students can further pursue doctoral courses in the field of psychology to conduct research and seek higher studies.
The course offers various specializations like:
- Clinical Psychology
- Educational Psychology
- Counselling Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Health Psychology
B.Sc Psychology Eligibility:
The undergraduate course is the first step to kickstart your career as a Psychologist. Following are the B.Sc Psychology eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 in the science stream with Biology as a mandatory subject from a recognized board.
- They must secure a minimum aggregate score of 50% in their higher secondary education.
- The age during the admission should be more than 17 and less than 35.
- Admissions are based on merit/ entrance exams.
- Students must appear in the relevant national/ university-level entrance exam and qualify with the required scores.
- Some of the top entrance exams are CUET, MET, etc.
Here are some of the top required skills to become a Psychologist:
- Analytical Ability
- Communication Skills
- Listening Skills
- Passion and Empathy
- Emotional Quotient
- Communication Skills
B.Sc Psychology Syllabus:
The course is divided into 6 semesters. Here is the list of subjects under the course:
|Community Psychology||Human Resource Development|
|Organizational Behaviour||Introduction to Neuroscience|
|Statistics in Psychology||Developmental Psychology|
|Computational Models||Foundations of Human Behaviour|
|Industrial Psychology||Educational Psychology|
|Sports Psychology||Health Psychology|
|Cognitive Psychology||Psychological Analysis|
|Career Psychology||Forensic Psychology|
B.Sc Psychology Scope:
Here are the top 5 reasons that show why B.Sc Psychology scope is bright and varied:
- Higher Studies: After completion of the Bachelor's program, students can pursue Post Graduate, PG Diploma and Doctoral courses.
- Boundless Learning: There is boundless learning in the course. Students constantly learn and enhance their skills as they work.
- Numerous Career Opportunities: The course offers various specializations and several job opportunities under diverse designations.
- High Demand & High Pay: Psychology graduates are some of the highest-paid professionals and the demand for Psychologists is projected to increase by 14% in the recent years, as per the BLS data.
- Interpersonal Development: Several personal attributes like patience, morality, ethics, communication and listening skills enhance through the course.
B.Sc Psychology Job Opportunities:
Graduates secure the best B.Sc Psychology job opportunities by working in several recruiting areas like:
- Rehabilitation Centres
- Welfare Organizations
- Correctional Programs
- Mental Health Clinics
- Government Agencies
- Schools/ Colleges/ Universities
- Research Labs
The average salary in the field is between the range of (INR) 3,60,000 to 6,20,000 PA.
B.Sc Psychology Jobs:
Following are the top B.Sc Psychology jobs offered to qualified professionals:
- Rehabilitation Expert
- Social Psychologist
Top B.Sc Psychology Colleges in Bangalore:
Here is a list of the top 6 colleges in Bangalore that offer a high-quality pedagogy to make students adept with psychologist qualifications:
- Christ University
- Jyoti Nivas College
- Garden City University (GCU)
- Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women (MLACW)
- Indo Asia Academy Degree College
- Bangalore Central University
"Life doesn't make any sense without interdependence. We need each other, and the sooner we learn that, the better for us all."
- Erik Erikson
Now, more than ever, people are aware of their mental health and seek professional help for betterment.
The job of a Psychologist is lucrative and personally rewarding. They stably BUILD people with mental BREAK down to help them create a healthier mindset.
Pursue Psychology courses from a top college in Karnataka to gain skills that help people, help themselves achieve an optimistic and efficient mind.