Talks about sanitation and cleanliness are doing the rounds due to the current circumstances. So let's hop on this opportunity to also discuss the "purifier of our body".
The bean-shaped organ that is responsible for purifying the blood and removing waste is usually overlooked and overworked.
Every year, kidney diseases kill more people than prostate or breast cancer. This constitutes the high demand for qualified professionals in Renal Dialysis Technology.
Pursue the course of Kidney and let your future be Filtered with the best opportunities in the healthcare sector.
Delve in the blog to explore the B.Sc Renal Dialysis Technology course and its high scope. Enroll at a top college in India to experience a gratifying career.
B.Sc Renal Dialysis Course Details:
Students pursuing Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Renal Dialysis Technology study about the kidney, its diseases, medication, and requirements of the diagnosis process.
Students learn how to conduct haemodialysis treatment, monitor the dialysis machine and the patient, assist the doctors and nurses, maintain the equipment, educate patients about healthcare and much more.
The course includes various subjects like Basic Human Anatomy, Concepts of Dialysis & Nutrition, Microbiology, Pathology, Anticoagulation, Safety & Sanitation, Haemodialysis Machines, etc.
|Duration ||3 Years|
|Approximate Annual Course Fee (INR)||20,000 to 3,00,000|
(Some institutes might conduct Entrance Exams)
After graduating, students can work under several putative job positions in dialysis centres, hospitals or private clinics.
The average B.Sc Renal Dialysis Technology salary is also high, given the high demand and varied nature of the job.
Eligibility for B.Sc Renal Dialysis:
To pursue a thriving career in Renal Dialysis, a candidate must match the below eligibility:
- Aspirants must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics as their compulsory subjects.
- They must secure a minimum aggregate score of 50% in their higher secondary education from a recognized board.
- Candidates must be 17 years or older at the time of admission.
- The admissions are based on merit. Some institutes may conduct an entrance exam as a part of their admission process.
Some of the top skills required to pursue the course are as follows:
- Technical Aptitude
- Attention to Detail
- Communication Skills
- Manual dexterity
B.Sc Renal Dialysis Technology Syllabus:
The course is a perfect balance of theory and practicals. Students acquire all the required skills and knowledge to work with patients.
The general B.Sc Renal Dialysis Technology syllabus is as follows:
|Basics of Computers||Microbiology|
|Environmental Science & Community Health||Basics of Nursing|
|Applied Anatomy & Physiology Related to Dialysis Technology- Theory & Practical||Pharmacology Related to Dialysis Technology- Theory & Practical|
|Basic Principles of Hospital Management||Pharmacology Related to Dialysis|
|Healthcare Management||Pathology & Microbiology related to Dialysis Technology|
|Sociology||Concepts of disease and outlines of clinical evaluation related to Dialysis Technology- Theory & Practical|
|Dialysis Technology- Theory and Practical ||Hospital Management|
|Clinicals in Dialysis Technology||Applied Dialysis Technology - Paper I|
|Applied Dialysis Technology - Paper II||Applied Dialysis Technology - Paper III|
Scope of Renal Dialysis Courses:
The scope of renal dialysis courses is varied. The top reasons that suggest the same are as follows:
- Higher Education: After graduating with a B.Sc degree, students can pursue a Master of Science (M.Sc) and further a doctorate course in Renal Dialysis Technology to conduct research and gain in-depth knowledge.
- Developing Medical Sector: The technology in the renal dialysis field is advancing. Modern and high-level machinery is introduced and implemented for efficient treatment. Students get to be a part of a growing department in the medical field.
- Various Job Opportunities: Candidates can secure a job in the government or private sector. They can work in areas like freestanding dialysis centres, hospitals, research centres, educational institutes, outpatient clinics, and many more.
- Diverse Job roles: Students are not limited to only one job role. They can take up several job roles in renal dialysis and experience a prosperous career.
- Good Salary Scale: The approximate B.Sc Renal Dialysis Technology salary for graduates is in the range of INR 2,00,000 to 27,00,000 PA based on their skills, knowledge and experience.
Top Job Roles:
There are several job roles offered to B.Sc Renal Dialysis graduates. Here are the top job profiles:
- Dialysis Therapist
- Dialysis Technicians
- Therapeutic Assistance
- Medical Lab Expert
Top B.Sc Renal Dialysis Technology Colleges in Karnataka:
Studying at a top college can help students thread a successful career. Following is the list of the top 7 colleges in Karnataka that offer prime education and a comprehensive pedagogy:
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal
- JSS Medical College and Hospital (JSSMCH), Mysore
- Jain (Deemed-to-be-University), Bangalore
- Yenepoya University, Mangalore
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore
- Srinivas University, Mangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre (SIMSRC), Bangalore
The demand for qualified professionals in renal dialysis is high. Experts predict that the growth is bound to increase by 11% in the following years.
Now that you know all the B.Sc Renal Dialysis course details and the job prospects, pursue the course to work in a growing industry.
Just like you only need one kidney to sustain a full healthy life, you only need to seek admission in any one of the top colleges to experience a rewarding and thriving career for life.
Enroll in one of the best renal dialysis technology colleges in Karnataka and make the best of your potential.