Teaching is considered to be a profession with great social responsibility and in India, it comes with substantial respect. To become a Teacher, one must be well-read. A Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) will help interested candidates perform the role of a Teacher efficiently.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is an undergraduate course that allows interested students to pursue a career in teaching. The duration of this course is 2 years and graduates will be able to teach intermediate level and high school level students soon after graduation.
There are multiple opportunities to enter this stream of Education. Read on to find out more information about Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) like eligibility, entrance exam dates, syllabus, etc.
The National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) oversees and regulates the Teacher education programs in the country. To be considered for candidacy, one must pass Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) entrance exams and possess other qualifications which are listed below.
A list of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) entrance exams 2022 are given below.
These are some of the common entrance exams that a candidate can take to be eligible for getting admission into Bachelor's in Education (B.Ed) course.
The Regional Institute of Education Common Entrance Exam (RIE CEE):
This examination is conducted by National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT) For B.Ed admission.
Interested candidates can apply for Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) as well as other integrated courses like Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education (BA B.Ed) and Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Education(B.Sc B.Ed).
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) eligibility criteria are listed below:
- Candidates with at least 50% aggregate marks in Bachelor's Degree.
- Bachelor's in Engineering or Technology with specialisation in Science or Mathematics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Science/ Humanities/ Commerce is eligible for
admission to the program.
- Relaxation of 5% marks will be provided for SC/ ST/ PwD / EWS candidates.
After completing the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) entrance examination application form, the application fees should be paid as detailed below.
|Category of Students||Fees|
|For General/ OBC Category Students||Rs. 1000|
|For SC/ ST/ PwD/ EWS Category Students||Rs. 500|
The students who have successfully completed the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) application for entrance examination will need to keep the following important Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) entrance exam dates in mind.
|Registration||20th May, 2022 to 30th May, 2022|
|Admit Card Availability||10th July, 2022|
|RIE CEE 2022 Exam Date||18th July, 2022|
|Results||5th August, 2022|
RIE CEE Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Entrance Exam Syllabus:
- Language Proficiency: Including comprehension, rearranging sentences, selecting suitable words for the blanks, finding out errors in parts of the sentences, finding out equivalent meaning to the given phrases, finding out suitable words for the incomplete sentences, sequencing, grammar which includes synonyms, antonyms, idioms, prepositions, tenses, and articles.
- Teaching Aptitude: This will cover specific areas like attitude towards education, children and teaching profession; interest in teaching; leadership qualities & group management; emotional & social adjustment; intrapersonal & interpersonal skills; and general awareness of contemporary issues pertaining to school education.
- Reasoning Ability: This includes specific areas like verbal non-verbal reasoning, missing numbers, number series, letter series, theme finding, jumbling, analogy, odd one out, arranging the statements in a sequential form, statement and conclusions, syllogism, logical problems, and establishing relationships.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Entrance Exam Admission Process:
- Registration: Register yourself by following the link "Registration Form" in the CEE-2022 website. The last date for registration is 30th May, 2022. For the Registration, you need a valid E-mail ID & mobile number.
- Login: Login to the CEE website using user name/ E-mail ID and the password sent to your registered mobile number.
- Registration Number: On Login Page, you will be able to see your registration number and user name on the top right hand corner. This will take you to the applicant's basic details page. Fill in the details. Click on "Save and Next".
- Confirm the Data: This will take you to the Confirm page asking you to check all the basic information data provided by you. If you are satisfied, you can proceed by clicking "OK". If not, click the cancel button and make the necessary correction. Once you click the "SUBMIT" button, you will not be able to make any further changes in the "Basic Information Page".
- Exam Centre and Program Details Page: This will take you to the exam
centre and program details page. Select your choice of exam centre.
- Select the appropriate State/ UT against which you are seeking admission.
- As a proof of eligibility of State/ UT for admission, the candidate has to produce few documents.
Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET):
This is an examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission into Central Universities. The scope of this test is far greater than RIE CEE as students can gain admission into courses other than Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).
This examination provides admission to 12 Central Universities, out of which, 3 universities offer admission into Bachelor of Education (Integrated).
|Central University of South Bihar (Gaya)|
|Central University of Tamilnadu |
|Central University of Jammu |
CUCET Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Entrance Exam Syllabus:
|Section 1: Language-Specific Subjects.||The language will be tested based on questions from Reading Comprehension passages. These passages may be Factual, Literary, and Narrative - Literary Aptitude & Vocabulary.|
|Section 2: Domain-Specific||Class 12th NCERT Syllabus for a specific subject.|
|Section 3: General Test||General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning including topics like Application of Basic Mathematical Concepts, Arithmetic, Algebra Geometry, Mensuration, Statistics till Class 8th, Logical and Analytical Reasoning.|
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Entrance Exam Admission Process for CUCET:
Candidates can apply online on the official website of CUCET 2022.
- Step-1: Register for Online Registration using your own Email ID and Mobile No. and note down system generated Application Number.
- Step-2: Complete the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application Number.
- Step-3: Upload legible scanned images of a recent photograph and candidate's signature.
- Step-4: Pay the prescribed fee through Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ UPI and keep proof of fee paid for future reference.
After completion of the 4 steps mentioned above, the candidate should download the confirmation page and take a printout of the same.
Apart from these 2 examinations, there are many other regional entrance examinations that students can attempt.
Candidates are required to keep the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) entrance exam dates in mind while preparing for an exam.
Other Entrance Exams:
The list of B.Ed entrance exams 2022 are mentioned below:
|Banaras Hindu University B.Ed. Entrance Exam||Himachal Pradesh University B.Ed Entrance Exam|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University (B.Ed)||Uttar Pradesh (B.Ed) Joint Entrance Examination|
|Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University (B.Ed)||Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test|
|Bihar B.Ed Common Entrance Test||Rajasthan Pre Teacher Education Test|
|Odisha (B.Ed) Entrance Exam||-|
Students staying in Bangalore have a lot of choices depending upon the type of education they want to obtain. A few Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) colleges in Bangalore are mentioned below.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Colleges in Bangalore:
Al-Ameen College of Education:
The Al-Ameen college of Education was founded in 1990. It is managed by the Al-Ameen Educational Trust which manages around 140 colleges in South India.
The college provides Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) which is a 2-year program at the completion of which the student is eligible to teach young students.
Christ (Deemed-to-be-University) nurtures an individual's holistic development which enables them to make an effective contribution to the society.
It is one the best colleges in Bangalore for Bachelor of Education (B.Ed). The duration of this course is 2 years.
The Goutham College was founded in the year 1986 under the aegis of the Goutham Institute of Medical Science & Technology.
Sri Venkateshwara First Grade College:
Sri Venkateshwara First Grade College is a part of Sri Venkateshwara Educational (SVE) Institutions. Students who study here are benefitted from the innovative teaching methodology and campus infrastructure.
South-East Asian (SEA) College:
South-East Asian (SEA) College was formed under the South-East Asian (SEA) Trust with the main objective of providing academic access to everyone.
These are a few colleges in Bangalore which are offering the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed). The main aspect of this course is to enable students to enter the world of teaching and provide them with the tools to be an excellent teacher.
There are multiple Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) entrance exams that a candidate can take to enter the world of teaching. World-class institutes await the candidates who pass the entrance examination.
Candidates across India apply for these opportunities and only the best of the best are selected. This is done to ensure the candidates are of exquisite quality and they are able to impart the best education to the future generation.
These skills will definitely translate into real-life situations in the classroom and aid in teaching.