Engineering is one of the most popular courses pursued by students in India. It opens options for various job roles and higher studies.
The courses integrate science, mathematics, and technology to produce, design, and build machinery, structures and provide innovative services.
There are over 55 streams in engineering, with each having its significance. To pursue the streams, aspirants have to complete their 10+2 education with Maths, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
Some colleges also offer admissions based on the marks obtained in the 12th standard or 2nd year PUC final exam.
The duration of all undergraduate engineering programs is 4 years.
Types of Engineering Courses:
Following are the types of engineering courses that candidates can pursue:
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE)
10 Best Streams in Engineering:
Below are some of the best streams in engineering that candidates can pursue:
1) Computer Science Engineering:
Computer Science Engineering or CSE is one of India's most sought-after engineering streams, given the emergence of technology-based companies.
The academic program integrates Computer Engineering and Computer Science emphasising on computer programming, networking, and various other topics.
- Computer Programmer
- System Database Administrator
- Software Developer
- Data Warehouse Analyst
- Research Analyst and others.
2) Mechanical Engineering:
One of the traditional engineering fields, the engineering stream, integrates science and technology to create mechanical tools.
They design, build and test the tools used in manufacturing, agriculture, automobiles, and others.
- Automotive engineer
- CAD technician
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- PSU Jobs
3) Civil Engineering:
Bachelors of Technology in Civil Engineering is one of the oldest and most popular engineering streams. Students learn how to design, plan and develop infrastructures.
Their contribution can be felt in some of the country's most strategic sectors, such as road development, construction of dams and bridges, etc.
- Civil Engineering Technicians
- Structural Engineers
- Transportation Engineers
- Civil Engineers
- Water Resource Engineers
4) Bio-Chemical Engineering:
This course covers many subjects related to the chemical process, production, and development of biochemical products.
They are mostly employed in oil refineries, water treatment plants, pharmaceutical companies, environmental agencies, etc.
- Chemical Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
5) Electrical Engineering:
The electrical engineering stream focuses on the operation and managerial procedures for generating electricity and manufacturing electrical goods.
They are employed in companies which manufacture electrical goods and in power generation plans.
- Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Sales Engineer
- Engineering Associate
- Professor/ Lecturer
- Electrical Design Engineer
6) Aeronautical Engineering:
Aeronautical engineering is one of the most prominent fields of applied physics and design engineering. It is studying the design, manufacturing, functioning, testing, and maintenance of airborne vehicles.
Candidates work in the immensely growing aviation industry. They can also get employed in the Indian Air Force and Government-owned air services.
- Aerospace Engineers
- Aerospace designer checker
- Aircraft production manager
- Assistant technical officers
- Thermal design engineer
7) Electronics & Communications Engineering:
The electronics and communication stream teaches students about digital electronics and communication concepts in detail.
They are involved in the designing and manufacturing of electronic circuits and communication devices.
- Software Engineer
- Network Designer
- Web Developer
- CAD engineer
- Communication Manager
8) Chemical Engineering:
The stream of chemical engineering focuses on chemical management and extraction concepts in detail.
Candidates also get to design chemical plants and improvise on the production of chemicals by discovering intuitive ways to convert raw material into useful products.
- Production Engineer
- Plant Manager
- Purchase and Control Quality Executive
- Plant Designer
- Analytical Chemist
9) Agricultural Engineering:
The course teaches agricultural concepts in detail, such as designing, constructing and improving farm equipment and machinery.
Agricultural engineers work towards integrating technology with farming to make this traditional field more advanced and fast.
- Agricultural Engineer
- Head Green Keepers
- Agricultural Managers
10) Biotechnology Engineering:
Biotechnology engineering is the study of organisms and cell functions in living beings to integrate them with technology.
Candidates work in significant life-saving fields such as medical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and animal husbandry sectors to build relevant products or applications.
- Research Assistants
- Technical Assistants
Top Engineering Colleges:
Candidates can check out our Engineering College list below:
- Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT)
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirapalli
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore
- College Of Engineering, Anna University (CEG), Chennai
- Institute Of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai
- Jadavpur University (JU), Kolkata
- National Institute Of Technology (NIT), ROURKELA
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University) Vellore
- Indian Institute Of Engineering Science And Technology (IIEST) Shibpur, Howrah
Engineering College In Bangalore:
Bangalore is a hub for top engineering colleges, which provide endless opportunities. The pleasant weather is only a bonus for making it ideal to pursue a degree in engineering college in Bangalore.
Below are the names of some of the good engineering colleges in Bangalore:
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology
- Christ University
- RV College of Engineering
- PES University
- Acharya Institute
- International Institute of Information Technology
- Atria Institute of Technology
- Bangalore Institute of Technology
- University Visvesvaraya College Of Engineering
- Reva University
- Brindavan Group of Institutions
Engineers are the brains behind some of the most complex but beautiful things in the world. They innovate products and services that change our lifestyle and make it better.
If you are an aspirant whose thinking is on the same lines, explore these good engineering colleges in Bangalore and begin your journey!